This is a delicious meal to make ahead and heat up when you are ready to eat. This is a great dinner to make on a cold day and serve with hot bread.
Moo’s Chicken and Rice
Yield: 8 servings.
Moo& Chicken and Rice
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cans 'cream of soups' (chicken or mushroom or a combo of both)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 stick melted butter (1/4 pound)
- Cook the chicken, when cooled debone and dice. Mix with the broth, rice, soups and sour cream. Add sautéed onion, if using. Mix well. Place in a greased 9x13 casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the butter and add to the crushed crackers. Mix. After 20 minutes, sprinkle over the partially cooked casserole. Bake an additional 15 minutes, until crackers are browned and casserole is bubbly.