Slightly spicy Mexican/American casserole is sure to please your family. This is a hearty casserole that everyone will enjoy.
Dorito Beefy Casserole
Yield: 8 – 10 servings.
Thanks to Sunny1135 for this casserole recipe.
Beef Doritos Casserole
- 12 ounces Cheese Doritos
- 1 pound hamburger cooked and drained
- 1 pound Chorizo cooked and drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 15 ounces Light Red Kidney Beans
- 15 ounces Chili Hot Beans
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Chicken Soup
- 20 ounces (Rotel) Diced tomatoes with green chilies. 2 cans
- 4 ounces sliced black olives 2 small cans
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a two quart pot, Mix hamburger, chorizo, chili beans, kidney beans, cream of chicken soup, tomatoes and green chilies, onions, black olives, paprika, cumin, and chili powder. Simmer for 60 minutes.
- Crush bag of Doritos and sprinkle the bottom of a casserole dish with 1/3 of the Doritos. 3. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over the Doritos.
- Add 1/2 of the mixture from step 1.
- Add another layer of Doritos and cheese.
- Add remaining mixture from step 1.
- Add remaining Doritos and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes. 9. Let cool and cut into lasagna sized servings.
- (Optional) Top with Shredded Lettuce and Sour Cream