I make this when we have a lot of friends over. It makes a lot and there’s never any leftovers! This is a hearty Taco Salad that everyone will enjoy.
Thanks to JTill0915 for this salad recipe.
Dorito Taco Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14 ounces red kidney beans drained
- 16 ounces Pace Picante Salsa
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1 small package Doritos nacho chips, broken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Catalina salad dressing
- Brown onion and ground beef and drain. Add kidney beans and set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, mix salsa and mayonnaise, salt and pepper and set aside. Place chopped lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cheese, and beef mixture. Top with chips. Pour salsa mixture over top and mix well. After serving, place a small amount of Catalina Dressing on top and mix well.
My family cleaned their plates. Finally.