Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham is a dish you will like if you enjoy the well-known Hashbrown Casserole. What makes this recipe different? This one is hearty enough to enjoy as a whole meal. This one features ham, bell peppers, and onions to make this one very hearty.
When growing up I didn’t think casseroles with potatoes got any better than that cheesy potato casserole. This recipe has had a few updates. First off this one really can be eaten as a meal. By adding ham, cheddar cheese, and sauteed vegetables we have a dish that is filling enough for a meal. Also, this recipe is a little lighter in fat content, we aren’t using sour cream. You won’t even miss the sour cream in this one.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with Ham
- 2 pounds hash browns frozen
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups ham diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Saute onions, bell peppers, and ham until the onions are clear, and ham has browned. In a large bowl, combine hash browns sauteed ham and vegetables and 1 can on condensed soup. Stir until hash browns are coated.
- Pour potatoes into a 9 x 13-inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the casserole and cover with foil. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, remove foil, add the remaining cheese and return to the oven, and cook for an additional 15 minutes. The cheese should begin to brown when the casserole is ready.