Baked Chicken Cordon Blue is a delicious meal to make any night of the week. Quickly toss this chicken into the oven and make some noodles, and you have one dinner you will get asked to make again and again.
Chicken Cordon Blue is a French-inspired dish. True Chicken Cordon Blue can be fussy and requires a lot of effort, pounding out the chicken, rolling the chicken up with ham and cheese, breading the chicken and frying the chicken. This recipe is much easier, and people love this easy to make chicken recipe.
This recipe uses boneless skinless chicken breasts. They are topped with ham and cheese and baked in cream of mushroom soup. Serve these up with some mashed potatoes, or buttery noodles, and consider dinner done.
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Cordon Blue is the answer for what to do for dinner.
Want a dinner that is:
- Easy to put together?
- Want a meal you can quickly toss in the oven, and take care of other things while dinner is cooking away?
- Want a meal where only one other side dish needs to be made?
This wonderful oven baked chicken recipe is perfect.
Want to upgrade this recipe? Try these tips.
You can try different cheeses, Swiss, Havarti, or even Monterey Jack. All three of these cheeses have a nice flavor and melt really well. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, you can try the golden mushroom soup or garlic mushroom soup. When you remove this from the oven top with thinly sliced green onions, parsley, or chives.
Before you go, be sure to share your favorite oven baked chicken recipe!
Baked Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts thighs also work well
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 pieces of cheese. Farmers cheese works best, but I have used Monterey Jack.
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray. Combine soup and milk in 9x13 casserole dish and place chicken into the casserole dish.
- Put a slice of ham on each piece and top with a slice of cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a veggie and wait for the compliments.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Consider splitting the raw chicken breast and stuffing with an additional ham and cheese slide for extra flavor.
- Layer an extra piece of cheese and place the oven on the broil mode for the last five minutes of cooking.
- Be creative with swapping out the cheeses, i have made this with Swiss, and Havariti