Baked Chicken Cordon Blue is a delicious meal to make any night of the week. Quickly toss this chicken into the oven and make some noodles, and you have one dinner you will get asked to make again and again.
Chicken Cordon Blue is a French-inspired dish. True Chicken Cordon Blue can be fussy and requires a lot of effort, pounding out the chicken, rolling the chicken up with ham and cheese, breading the chicken and frying the chicken. This recipe is much easier, and people love this easy to make chicken recipe.
This recipe uses boneless skinless chicken breasts. They are topped with ham and cheese and baked in cream of mushroom soup. Serve these up with some mashed potatoes, or buttery noodles, and consider dinner done.
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Cordon Blue is the answer for what to do for dinner.
Want a dinner that is:
- Easy to put together?
- Want a meal you can quickly toss in the oven, and take care of other things while dinner is cooking away?
- Want a meal where only one other side dish needs to be made?
This wonderful oven baked chicken recipe is perfect.
Want to upgrade this recipe? Try these tips.
You can try different cheeses, Swiss, Havarti, or even Monterey Jack. All three of these cheeses have a nice flavor and melt really well. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, you can try the golden mushroom soup or garlic mushroom soup. When you remove this from the oven top with thinly sliced green onions, parsley, or chives.
Before you go, be sure to share your favorite oven baked chicken recipe!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts thighs also work well
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
Dijon Cream Sauce Ingredients (Optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 X 13-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine soup and milk in the dish.
- Place the chicken into the dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken breasts.
- Put a slice of ham on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
Dijon Cream Sauce Directions (Optional)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add half of the milk and whisk until well blended.
- Add the remaining milk, Dijon mustard, and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, whisking constantly, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Consider splitting the raw chicken breast and stuffing it with an additional ham and cheese slice for extra flavor.
- Layer an extra piece of cheese and place the oven on the broil mode for the last five minutes of cooking.
- Be creative with swapping out the cheeses. Swiss and Havarti are great ones to use.