Tired of buying garlic bread spreads and want to make delicious homemade garlic bread? I have a Parmesan Cheese Garlic Bread that you will love.
When I was growing up one of my favorite meals was any meal with my Mom’s garlic bread. My Mom made a garlic bread that would have warded away vampires for a long time.
Her ingredients were simple. She used butter, fresh garlic, garlic powder, and parsley. I think her secret was allowing the butter to simmer slowly for a long time. When she would start dinner, she would begin the garlic butter before she would start the rest of the dinner.
A small pot would simmer on the stove and the fragrance of butter and garlic would fill the kitchen. The kitchen would soon become fragrant with garlic. She would serve garlic bread with eggplant parmesan or sometimes she would make a pot of spaghetti. The garlic bread was always my favorite.
I had a hankering for my Mom’s old-style garlic bread but I wanted to put my own touch on it. I am a major fan of Costco, and I always like to buy their shredded Parmesan cheese.
So the last few times when I made this garlic bread I sprinkled just a little bit of the shredded Parmesan cheese on top. I also would spread the butter on the sides of the cut bread so more of the bread would have the chance to get nice and crispy.
Love bread? Try these recipes
- Pizza Monkey Bread with Biscuits
- Beer Bread
- Dill Garlic Bread
- Steakhouse Yeast Rolls Recipe
- Olive Garden Copycat Breadsticks
- Little Caesars Sticks
- No Knead Bread Dutch Oven
- Cheese Puff Bread
- 100 Percent Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Honey Wheat Bread
Best Parmesan Recipes
Parmesan Cheese Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot combine 1/2 cup butter, 3 cloves of garlic chopped, garlic powder, and parsley. Heat pot over low heat until the butter begins to bubble.
- For best results turn the butter off and allow the garlic to season the butter for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the bread in half horizontally and then into slices. Gently brush the bread with melted garlic. on the three cut sides.
- Place the bread onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the bread.
- Place bread into the oven for about 15 minutes or until the bread begins to brown. Remove bread from oven and serve immediately.