Have you ever wondered how to make crazy bread? You are in luck. Years ago in college, I fell in love with Little Caesar’s Crazy Bread. This delicious butter and garlic flavored bread is a treat. The Crazy Bread is even better when you make it with this copycat recipe.
If you have never had these freshly baked bread topped with the flavors of butter and garlic, then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, you are missing out one of the best side dishes to have come out of a pizza place. These are served with their Crazy sauce, but you can eat these plain or with your favorite marinara. Whenever I have ordered pizza here, I have always ordered some of their crazy bread.
We will start this recipe with a basic bread dough that you can use your food processor to help you put it together. This recipe also works well with a mixer, or even by hand. Unlike the restaurant, we will use real butter for this recipe. I bet you will find it makes the crazy bread even a little bit better. You could also make this recipe with a can of pizza dough if you desire. For this recipe, I like to use yeast that I buy in bulk. I find it when you buy a pound of yeast it costs a lot less than buying individual packages of yeast at the store. I have found yeast at big-box stores such as Costco, Sam’s, or even Amazon.com.
Love Other Pizza Favorites? Try thEsE recipeS
Little Caesar's Crazy Bread
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons 1 package of instant yeast
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups or 22 ounces bread flour plus more for working the dough
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Place the 1/2 cup of warm water and yeast together in a medium bowl and whisk together briefly. Allow the yeast enough time to bubble up and become active, this should take a few minutes. If the yeast is inactive, you may need to replace the yeast and try again. Add room temperature water and oil to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Into a food processor bowl pour in flour and salt, pulse to combine. Add yeast, olive oil, and water through the tube of the food processor and process. The dough will form into a ball. Process until the dough is smooth and elastic. The dough will be sticky if you are going to use the dough immediately or within a few days place into a bowl that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, cover dough with plastic wrap. Let rise until the dough has doubled in size, this may take up to 2 hours.
- Gently pat out the dough on a floured surface into a rectangular shape. Cut the dough into two equal portions down the middle. Then make about 8 cuts horizontally across the dough. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Roll each portion of dough into a breadstick.
- Bake in the 375-degree oven for about 18 minutes or until the breadsticks become golden. Remove breadsticks from oven, mix the melted butter and the garlic salt. Brush the garlic sauce over the breadsticks. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the breadsticks.