Who doesn’t love Pizza Hut Cheese Bread? This bread is topped with lots of melted cheese and a wonderful buttery garlic sauce that is hard to beat? Now you can make it at home with this copycat recipe.
I grew up on Pizza Hut, I can remember going to the dinning room location in near my house in Pueblo, Colorado. We would get some quarters and load up the juke box, and wait patiently for our pizza to be done. I remember the red and white table cloths, and waiting for what seemed an eternity for our pizza. This particular location was right near a movie theater, so sometimes we would go see a movie and grab a pizza.
To me one of my favorite items there is their Pizza Hut cheese bread. Topped with melted cheese and with a garlic butter sauce it is so hard to beat. We are using two different types of cheese. We are using Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. The combination of the two different cheeses really adds something to this recipe. It has a nice depth of cheese flavor. If making pizza dough from scratch seems daunting check out my recipe for pizza dough, I will walk you though the step. You could buy some prepared pizza dough at the grocery store too.
Variations on the Recipe
One of my favorite things about copycat recipes is you can tailor them the way you like to make them. Here are a couple of suggestions. Chop some garlic very fine and put into the melted butter. Pizza Hut doesn’t do it this way, but you cqn, you will get a better flavor of garlic this way. You can use an Italian cheese blend for a variety in the topping. This will add a nice and unique flavor. I have one final suggestion, scrap the Italian theme, and put cheddar and jalapenos on top, and have a spicy cheddar bread. Yum. I hope you try making your own Pizza Hut Cheese Bread sometime soon.
Pizza Hut Cheese Bread
- 1/2 cup water warm
- 1 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast or 1 package of yeast
- 1 1/4 cup water room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour 22 ounces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon semolina flour
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Place the 1/2 cup of warm water and yeast together in a medium bowl and whisk together briefly. Allow the yeast enough time to bubble up and become active, this should take a few minutes. If the yeast is inactive, you may need to replace the yeast and try again.
- Add room temperature water and oil to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Into a food processor bowl pour in flour and salt, pulse to combine. Add yeast, olive oil, and water through the tube of the food processor and process. The dough will form into a ball. Process until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in a bowl and cover the dough with plastic wrap, and allow to rise until doubled in size, this should take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- The dough may be a little sticky when you cover it. The dough may be sticky so when you roll it out into a rectangular shape you may need to flour the board and the rolling pin when you roll it out. Spray a baking sheet with some not stick spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of semolina flour, this is optional, this will help with the crust to be more authentic. In a small bowl combine garlic powder with melted butter. Brush melted garlic butter onto a pizza.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over cheese bread dough and then top the dough with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices before serving. You can serve this with your favorite pizza or marina sauce