Who doesn’t love Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks? This bread is topped with lots of melted cheese and a wonderful buttery garlic sauce that is hard to beat. Now you can make it at home with this copycat recipe.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What Makes Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks So Good?
Everyone knows that the most delicious part of a pizza is the crust! That’s why Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks are such a hit. They combine the great taste of Pizza Hut’s thick-crust pizza with garlic and two types of cheese! Think of this copycat Cheese Sticks recipe as the best cheesy garlic bread ever.
Why You Should Try This Copycat Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks Recipe
Bread is good, garlic bread is better, and cheesy breadsticks are the best. You can serve them on gameday in front of the TV or as an appetizer at a family dinner.
Copycat Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks are great on their own, but even more delicious when you dip them in your favorite sauce! Cheese Sticks freeze well, so make extras and keep them in the freezer for your next party.
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks Ingredients
For cheese sticks Pizza Hut style, you’ll need:
- Warm water
- Active dry yeast
- Water at room temperature
- Olive oil
- Bread flour
- Semolina flour
- Garlic powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
You can use instant yeast if you want, but the rise time will be shorter, and you won’t have to hydrate the yeast before using it.
How to Make Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks
To prepare the pizza dough for the cheesy breadsticks:
- Hydrate the active dry yeast by adding it to warm water. After a few minutes, it should start to foam. If it doesn’t foam after ten minutes, replace the yeast and try again.
- Add room-temperature water and olive oil to the bowl with the activated yeast—reserve for later.
- Place the flour and salt in a large bowl. Stir or whisk to combine them.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the bowl and mix by hand or with an electric mixer until the dough is no longer sticky. You want to end up with a bread dough that’s smooth, shiny, and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. The exact time will depend on your flour, yeast, and room temperature, but it should take less than an hour.
To shape and bake Cheese Sticks Pizza Hut style:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or pizza pan and set it to the side for later.
- Sprinkle some semolina flour on the counter. Semolina flour will keep the dough from sticking without combining with it and drying out your cheesy breadsticks.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape about the same size as the baking pan you are using. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll it on the baking tray.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave at 50 percent power for 30 seconds.
- Stir the garlic powder into the melted butter.
- Brush the butter onto the dough with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan and shredded mozzarella on top, covering the dough all the way to the edge.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the bread into strips and serve hot.
What to Serve With Them
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks are great sides for salads, pasta, and soups, but they’re also delicious on their own. Try Cheese Sticks with your favorite pizza sauce or dipping sauce. Here are a few easy recipes you may want to make:
How to Store Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks
Cool the cheesy breadsticks on a wire rack and wrap them in plastic or place them in an airtight container. Keep them at room temperature, in the refrigerator, or place them in a freezer bag and freeze them.
How Long Do They Last?
Like all bread, Cheese Sticks will go stale in a day or two at room temperature. If you freeze them, they should last for at least a month. Thaw the frozen Cheese Sticks before reheating.
What Is the Best Way to Reheat Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks?
Cheesy breadsticks are best when hot, so you will definitely want to warm them up before eating. Heating them in the oven is your best option:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spritz the thawed Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks with water and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Heat on a baking tray until hot, about 7 to 8 minutes.
Favorite Bread Recipes
- Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- Domino’s Breadsticks
- Fogo de Chao Cheese Bread
- Little Caesars Breadsticks
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Parmesan Garlic Bread
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Rosati’s Dough Nuggets
- Texas Roadhouse Bread
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread
Popular Italian and Pizza Recipes
Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/8 teaspoons instant yeast or 1 package of yeast
- 1 1/4 cup water at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups bread flour 22 ounces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza or marinara sauce to serve
- Place the warm water and yeast in a medium bowl and briefly whisk together. Allow the yeast a few minutes to bubble up and become active. If the yeast is inactive, you may need to replace the yeast and try again. Add the water and oil to the activated yeast and stir to combine.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the yeast mixture and process until the dough forms a ball and becomes smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise until doubled in size. This should take about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- If the dough is sticky, sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with flour. Also sprinkle semolina flour on the work surface, if desired. Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape and transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder and melted butter. Brush the garlic butter onto the dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve with your favorite pizza or marinara sauce.