Alonti’s Dijon Chicken is juicy, pan-fried boneless chicken breasts with creamy Dijon mustard sauce. You will love this, it is easy to prepare, and it is quite tasty. If you are looking for a new way to serve up chicken breasts, this recipe may be for you.
Maybe we are a lot alike. I prepare a lot of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts for dinner. They are often inexpensive, and they cook quickly.
You can often prepare a hearty dinner in a short amount of time with them. Boneless chicken breasts are extremely versatile you can turn them into an Italian, Mexican, or other inspired meal.
This meal is no exception. You can prepare Dijon chicken in about 20 minutes. Often when I am preparing this I will cook up some stuffing, rice, or even pasta to pair with this dish.
Chicken Dijon is low carb and keto-friendly. Serve it with zoodles or riced cauliflower instead of pasta or rice.
For this recipe, we are going to use a combination of two different types of mustard. I like to use both the Dijon, and, if I have it on hand, I like to put a little stone-ground brown mustard in this dish. You do not need both different types, but this dish gets a little something extra in flavor when you use the two different types of mustard.
Now, I will offer two versions of this recipe. One will be made with sherry and the other will be where you substitute Sherry for the chicken broth.
At Alonti’s they do not serve the dish with Sherry. But when you are at home, you are in control. I highly recommend this recipe with Sherry.
I like to top Dijon chicken when with a touch of fresh herbs. You could use chives or parsley. I think the fresh herbs add a nice touch to this dish.
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
If you are looking for other easy boneless skinless chicken breast recipes that are perfect for the weeknight be sure to check these out.
- Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
- Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Piccata WW
- Mediterranean Chicken Grain Bowl
- Chicken Romano
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Margherita
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Madeira
- Chicken Marsala
Best Chicken Side Dishes
Alonti's Dijon Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth OR (1/2 cup dry Sherry)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard OR (1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard)
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally. This will help to thin out the chicken breasts, and they will cook faster. If the breast pieces are not uniform you may want to place the pieces within plastic wrap and you may want to pound the breasts into uniform thicknesses. Salt and pepper to chicken on both sides. Heat a large skillet to medium heat and add olive oil and butter. Heat the oils until the butter foams and becomes fragrant. Place chicken pieces into skillet. Cook on both sides until the chicken is done. Remove chicken. Add chopped garlic and saute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Add either chicken stock or dry Sherry. Deglaze the pan by scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add heavy cream and mustard. Stir the sauce until it is thoroughly mixed. Serve chicken and spoon sauce over the chicken. If you want to reheat this dish I recommend that you store the sauce and the chicken in separate containers.