Burger King Zesty Sauce is one of Burger King’s most popular sauce recipes, if you have never tried it has the perfect combination of heat and acid to take onion rings to a whole new level.
Table of Contents
Zesty Sauce for Onion Rings and More
Zesty onion ring dipping sauce is great for onion rings, but this sauce would also go well on a hamburger, a roast beef sandwich, or anything fried. This sauce has just the right amount of acid and heat to cut through anything deep-fried.
Why this Copycat Burger King Zesty Sauce Recipe in the Best
I have read a few recipes online, and to be honest, I think most are very close to each other. They all contain mayonnaise, paprika, horseradish, lemon, and some have mustard.
What is missing is a bit of umami. So to address this I add a drop or two of soy sauce. That extra flavor of soy sauce balances the sauce.
What’s in Burger King Zesty Dipping Sauce
If you have tasted this sauce before you will notice that there are notes of horseradish, lemon, and something more. It’s a delicious combination of flavors with sweet and spicy accents.
Burger King Zesty Sauce Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need to make Burger King zesty onion ring sauce:
- Prepared horseradish
- Cayenne pepper
- Prepared mustard
- White vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
Zesty Burger King Sauce is Easy to Make!
Do you have a bowl? Go raid your refrigerator and spice cabinet, and in about 5 minutes, you will make a sauce everyone will love.
How to Make Burger King Zesty Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir until it’s well combined.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Then you will be known as the king of sauces!
CopyKat Tip: Taste the sauce and if you want it spicier you can add a little more horseradish or cayenne pepper.
What to Serve with the Sauce
While this sauce is a perfect dip for onion rings, many other ways exist. Here are some ideas:
- French Fries – because a change from ketchup is just what hits the spot.
- Fried Vegetables – either battered, breaded, or tempura.
- Fried Appetizers – mozzarella sticks and jalapeno poppers.
- Burgers and Sandwiches – use it as a tangy spread instead of mayo for elevating a burger, sandwich, hot dog, or wraps.
- Chicken – great for chicken nuggets and chicken strips.
- Salad – Use this creamy sauce instead of Thousand Island or Ranch.
How to Store Homemade Onion Ring Sauce
Store this delicious dipping sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
How long does this sauce last in my refrigerator?
This homemade dipping sauce lasts for about a week in your refrigerator. You can make this sauce a day or two ahead of time. The sauce tastes better a few hours after you make it because the ingredients get to marry and meld together.
Want more perfect dipping sauces? Try these!
- Homemade Onion Ring Dip
- Honey Mustard Sauce Chick Fil A
- How to Make Cocktail Sauce
- Jalapeno Ranch Dip
- Pina Colada Dip Recipe
- Raising Cane’s Sauce
- Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce
- TGIF Jack Daniels Sauce Recipe
- Vegetable Dip
- Zaxby’s Zax Sauce
Top Fast Food Burger Copycat Recipes
Burger King Zesty Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseraddish
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 drop soy sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well blended.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
- Roast beef
- Fried mushrooms