You can find more of their great recipes in their book Breakfast at Brennan’s and Dinner, Too
Brennan’s Oatmeal Custard
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup brown sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Mixed fresh raspberries and Black Berries (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 cup whipped cream for garnish
- Mix eggs, milk, and cream. Strain to fully incorporate egg into mixture, discard any residue. Combine egg mixture with brown sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal, vanilla, and berries.
- Stir lightly until mixed. Butter 8 ramekins that hold at least 1 cup each, or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill ramekins to within 1/4 inch from the top.
- Set in baking pan and fill the pan with water to within 3/4 inch of the top of ramekins. Bake, covered, 1 hour. Remove water from the bath. Serve warm, garnished with berries and a dollop of whipped cream.
Brennan’s Oatmeal Custard is one of my daughter-in-law’s favorites when we go to Brennan’s in Houston. Made this recipe for her and she loved it. Light, yet rich, this is dessert for breakfast. What a way to start the day!
i love their Sunday Jazz Brunch. This is a great fun dish. I am so happy that you enjoyed seeing this recipe here.
We loved these! They will become a staple at our brunches!