This recipe from wailana is one that my aunt made for us after coming out of the hospital, so it reminds me of hope, new health, and it tastes better than any restaurant!
Potato Pot Pie
Thanks to frozen for sharing this recipe.
Potato Pot Pie
- 2 pounds potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon eggless mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Boil the potato until just tender. Drain and mash, then mix in 1 tablespoon of the oil and the mayonnaise, salt, parsley, and pepper to taste. Set aside.2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté the vegetables covered on medium heat until tender.
- Add a little water if needed to prevent sticking and cook until well dried up. Set aside.
- For the gravy, combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan and toast on medium heat, stirring constantly, until light golden. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, aminos, maple syrup, lemon juice, and water. Return the toasted ingredients to the stove on medium heat and add the wet ingredients, whisking well to combine.
- Cook until thickened to a gravy consistency, whisking constantly. (If the gravy comes out too lumpy, pour it into a blender and blend briefly, then reheat to thicken it.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the sautéed vegetables in an 8x8-inch oiled baking dish and pour the gravy over the top. Carefully cover with the mashed potato, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through.