Panera Fuji Apple Salad with chicken is loaded with flavor and the homemade dressing really sets it above the rest! There’s so much to love about this salad. It’s sure to be a favorite you’ll want to make again and again.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Panera Fuji Apple Salad the Perfect Lunch?
Healthier food doesn’t need to be boring. The Fuji Apple Salad from Panera Bread proves just how deliciously making better food choices can taste.
It comes loaded with seasoned chicken, crunchy mixed greens, tart red onions and tomatoes, sweet apple chips, crunchy toasted pecans, pungent blue cheese, and the best vinaigrette you have ever tried. Eating smarter never tasted so good.
Why You Should Try This Fuji Apple Chicken Salad Recipe
Panera Bread has some amazing dishes on its menu, but the one thing you won’t find is a great deal. By making a Fuji Apple Salad yourself at home and bringing it to work, you can save a lot of money, while still getting all the classic flavor you love!
Save your cash for that after-work splurge with this Panera Bread Fuji Apple Salad copycat recipe.
Panera Fuji Apple Salad Recipe Ingredients
To prepare the chicken, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
For the Garlic powder salad dressing, you’ll need:
- White balsamic vinegar
- Apple juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
For the salad, you’ll need:
- Romaine lettuce
- Baby arugula
- Red onion
- Apple chips
- Pecans, toasted
- Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salad dressing
Use high-quality store-bought apple chips like Bare or try making Air Fryer Apple Chips.
How to Make Panera Bread Fuji Apple Salad
To make the copycat Panera fuji apple dressing:
- Add all the salad dressing except for the olive oil into the jar of a blender or food processor. Alternatively, you can prepare this salad dressing by hand.
- Run the blender or food processor on low and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Store in the fridge until needed.
To cook the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pat the chicken dry and season liberally on both sides with the salt, freshly ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the seasoned chicken on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
- Cool the chicken on a wire rack.
To assemble the Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad:
- Slice the cooled cooked chicken into thin strips.
- Slice the red onions as thinly as possible. Use a mandolin for paper-thin slices.
- Dice the tomato.
- Place the salad greens and toppings in a large bowl.
- Gently toss all the salad ingredients and serve.
What to Serve With Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
You don’t really need anything else to make this hearty salad a filling meal, but a slice of bread, a bowl of soup, or half a sandwich would be a welcomed addition. Here are some of the most popular copycat Panera Bread recipes.
How to Store the Salad
No one wants to eat a soggy salad, so if you are preparing your salad the night before to take with you for lunch the next day, here are a few tips to keep help keep the ingredients nice and crispy:
- Put the dressing on the side. Add it once you are ready to enjoy your salad.
- If you’re a huge salad fan, it is worth picking up a salad bowl that has separate compartments for each topping as well as the dressing.
- Keep your salad cold by using an insulated lunchbox with a built-in ice pack.
- Don’t forget to take a packable fork!
Any extra salad dressing will keep in an airtight container for up to a week. Give it a good shake before using it.
More Panera Copycat Recipes
- BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chicken Avocado Sandwich
- Frontega Chicken Sandwich
- Green Goddess Salad
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl
Find even more recipes for Panera salads.
Favorite Salad Recipes
- California Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Fajita Salad
- Grilled Chicken Oriental Salad
- Spinach Salad
- Taco Bell Salad
- Thai Noodle Salad
- Wedge Salad
Check out more of my easy salad recipes and the best copycat Panera recipes on CopyKat!
Panera Fuji Apple Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Fuji Apple Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Fuji apple juice or regular apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups apple chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake the chicken on the prepared baking sheet for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Allow the chicken to cool slightly before cutting it into thin strips.
- While the chicken cools, prepare the dressing. Blend all the dressing ingredients in a food processor until fully combined. Pour the dressing into a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To build the salad, place the romaine lettuce and arugula into a large mixing bowl. Top with the remaining salad ingredients and the sliced chicken and toss. Add the dressing just before serving and toss to combine.
Leave a Reply