A Wedge Salad is an elegant salad to serve that you can put together quickly and easily. This salad is often served in fancy steakhouses. You can recreate this salad any night of the week with this easy recipe.
So often when you go to a nice restaurant or steakhouse you can order a wedge salad. These salads are so easy to make. Now they do look hard to make, but I promise, they are not difficult to make at all. In fact, you may be surprised how easy it is to make a Wedge Salad.
I love these salads because you can put them together so quickly, and they look extra fancy for when you have guests. There are some variations in this salad made with Iceberg lettuce, but let’s go over the basics.
For this recipe, you will need iceberg lettuce. Most grocery stores carry this type of lettuce so this recipe doesn’t contain any exotic fancy types of lettuce that are hard to find.
You will want to core the lettuce and then cut it into pieces. You are going to make full cuts in the lettuce, so be sure to cut all the way through. You can serve a larger piece or a smaller piece, so adjust accordingly to the number of guests that you are going to serve.
The salad dressing for this recipe is typically blue cheese salad dressing. You can also serve this with a ranch salad dressing. I have even done this with my copycat recipe for Houston’s Garlic Buttermilk salad dressing.
You will want to cook up some crispy bacon and chop tomatoes.
Wedge Salad Variations:
- You could add some blue cheese crumbles
- You could add some toasted croutons
- You could add some toasted nuts such as pine nuts, or almond slivers if you want to enjoy a little crunch to your salad.
- You could add some fresh herbs to make this extra special.
- You could drizzle a balsamic reduction lightly over this salad for some nice flavor.
- You could also add some chopped red onions or chopped shallots.
You get the idea. The possibilities are endless.
I hope you give the salad wedge a try at your next dinner party or family gathering. You will see it looks fancy, and it is so easy to make.
Love salads? Try these recipes:
- Cracker Barrel Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Panera Bread Green Goddess Cobb Salad
- Wendy’s Summer Berry Chicken Salad
- Wendy’s Apple Pecan Salad with Chicken
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing ranch will also work well
- 8 teaspoons crispy cooked bacon
- 8 tablespoons fresh chopped tomatoes
- Remove core of lettuce, cut lettuce in 4 or 8 large slices. Drizzle salad dressing 1 or 2 tablespoons of salad dressing over each wedge, and add chopped crispy bacon, and tomatoes. If desired you can add chopped red onions or chopped shallots, fresh herbs, or even croutons.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Sprinkle blue cheese crumbles on top
- Add toasted croutons
- Add toasted nuts such as pine nuts, or almond slivers if you want to enjoy a little crunch to your salad.
- Add fresh herbs to make it extra special.
- Drizzle a balsamic reduction lightly over this salad for some nice flavor.
- Add chopped red onions or chopped shallots.