Succulent Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin is a delicious meal you can put together in very little time. Just three ingredients and about 40 minutes are all you need to put together this flavorful pork tenderloin recipe.
If you are ever looking for an easy to prepare a meal for a weeknight, this bacon wrapped pork tenderloin is perfect. It is so easy to make, you don’t need to measure anything, and you can put this recipe together in no time. A pork tenderloin, not to be confused with a pork loin. The pork tenderloin is equivalent to the beef tenderloin in the sense that it is the most tender cut of meat from the pig.
Best of all these are relatively inexpensive, I have often found these for under three dollars a pound, and for me, that is an incredible deal. The pork tenderloins are relatively small, you can feed 2 to 4 people with one tenderloin, some of this depends on your appetite.
This recipe takes very little time to cook. This meat isn’t a large roast, so it is going to quick very fast. You may want to purchase a thermometer. Just to be certain that you cook your meat to the proper temperature. Pork is properly cooked at 145 degrees.
For this recipe, I am flavoring the pork tenderloin with smoked paprika and mustard. I smoked paprika adds just a touch of smoke, and the mustard goes together with pork very well. We then add some salt to the tenderloin, and we will sear it in some olive oil. The pork tenderloin is seared, and then seasoned, wrapped in bacon, and then we sprinkle some brown sugar over the bacon.
You will place this into a 350-degree oven for about 35 to 40 minutes. You will want to check the temperature of the pork tenderloin when you remove it from the oven. Allow the pork tenderloin to rest for about 10 minutes before you cut it.
Succulent Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 slices bacon cut in half
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat tenderloin with a paper towel. Salt meat generously with kosher salt. Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Sear tenderloin for a couple of moments on each side, sear until the meat begins to brown.
- Place the meat on a wire rack resting inside of a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tenderloin with smoked paprika and dry mustard. Wrap the bacon over the pork tenderloin. Tuck the ends of the pork tenderloin underneath the meat. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bacon. Lightly press the brown sugar into the meat.
- Place the meat into the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes. Check the meat temperature with a thermometer. Pork should be at 145 degrees when done. All the meat to rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.