This is a delightful way to make lamb. Your kitchen will be filled with this fragrant lamb. Best of all while it tastes like you spent a lot of time on this, you really won’t spend that much time in the kitchen preparing this dish.
Kashmiri Style Leg of Lamb
Yield: 8 servings.
Do you enjoy lamb? Try these lamb recipes.
Kashmiri-Style leg of lamb – this Indian style of lamb is a real treat, everyone will think you are a gourmet chef.
- 5 pound leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed in a press
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Plain yogurt Fat free is not recommended
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lamb Remove any excess fat from the lamb. Using the point of a sharp knife, make deep slits all over the leg. Place the lamb in a large non-reactive dish. Spice mixture In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Rub over the lamb, pressing it into the slits.
- Yogurt mixture In a food processor or blender thoroughly blend the yogurt, nuts, and turmeric. Spread over the lamb. Drizzle the honey over the lamb, cover, and marinate for 1 day in the refrigerator, turning occasionally. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Transfer the lamb to a roasting pan, cover (aluminum foil is fine), and cook for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook for 1 3/4 hours more, or until meltingly tender. Uncover and serve warm or at room temperature.