The IHOP Banana Bread French Toast was recently featured at the IHOP, and it is hard to imagine banana bread used in a better way. Banana bread is transformed into banana bread, drizzled with caramel, slices of fresh banana, and whipped cream.
You can use your favorite recipe for Banana Bread, you may even like to use the recipe for Starbucks Banana Bread or the Banana Bread recipe I have been using as long as I can remember. Heck, you might even like to have this recipe for dessert.
IHOP Banana Bread French Toast
- 4 slices banana bread
- 1 banana sliced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- nutmeg optional
- Whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of milk, pour whisked egg into a shallow dish. Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add about 1 teaspoon of butter in the pan.
- Place 1 slice of banana bread into the egg mixture, coat evenly, flip the bread over and coat the other side of the bread. Place bread into skillet and cook for about 1 minute on each side. Place bread onto a plate, and slice 1/2 banana and place on french toast.
- Drizzle french toast with caramel sauce, and then place some whipped cream on top. Do you enjoy the IHOP? We have plenty more recipes that taste just like the IHOP recipes