Homemade banana bread topped with crunchy pecans is the perfect way to start breakfast. You can make this quick bread in just about 1 hour.
If you have never made homemade banana bread, you are missing out on one delicious treat. Have you ever had bananas turn brown and a little bit soft on you? This is a perfect way to use up bananas that may not look pretty.
It is very easy to make your own homemade banana bread, you don’t need to purchase a box mix, you can make one from scratch in no time at all.
I grew up on this recipe, I think I could almost make this without even looking at the recipe. It is easy to prepare, and you can modify this recipe if you desire. I love pecans in this recipe, but you could use almond slivers, or add a tablespoon of poppy seeds if desired, or you could even add a few chocolate chips to this recipe.
Banana Bread Baking Tips
I personally love to use King Arthur all-purpose flour, it is milled differently than other flour, and your result is a dense bread that is tender.
Do not overmix this bread, it is a quickbread, and once they wet and dry ingredients are combined, do not stir the batter any longer.
Use imperfect bananas for this recipe. Bruised, browned, and mushy bananas are perfect for this recipe.
Banana Bread – you can make banana bread at home, it is easy to make, and tastes wonderful.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana 2 to 3 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts pecans are recommended
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add eggs and remaining flour beat till blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- I love King Arthur all-purpose flour!
- Use those ugly brown bananas for this recipe.
- Be sure to top the bread with extra pecans.