Banana nut bread is a favorite of so many, you can make this a little healthier. Do you have overripe bananas laying around? Put them to good use, make homemade banana bread.
Everyone loves banana nut bread, banana bread is perfect for breakfast, or even a snack. Did you know you can use whole wheat flour to make banana bread? This whole wheat banana nut bread is tender and moist. You will be so surprised at how good it can be.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread is delicious
If you are looking for a healthier lifestyle you can start by switching all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour, but when doing so you are going to have to add a bit more baking powder to help the bread rise high!
How to turn ordinary banana bread into something more healthy
- Not ready for a 100% whole wheat bread? Substitute half of the whole wheat flour in this recipe for all-purpose flour
- It’s ok to decrease up to 1/2 of the sugar, any more, and the bread won’t be as structurally sound
- Consider using coconut oil for a healthy fat in here to replace the vegetable oil
How many bananas make a cup?
It takes about 2 medium-sized bananas to make 1 cup of mashed bananas.
This banana bread is made up of many wholesome ingredients. It is made of whole wheat flour, sugar, mashed bananas, eggs, nuts, and more.
This recipe is very easy to make, like many types of quick bread you will mix the dry ingredients together and the wet ingredients together before combining the two together. It is important to stir the two mixtures until the batter is just blended. Overmixing can make the bread tough.
You may want to enjoy this bread with some delicious honey butter. Honey butter is a delicious touch to freshly baked banana bread.
Can’t get enough homemade banana baked goodies? Try some of these banana inspired recipes.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nuts thoroughly.
- Mix oil and eggs together. Mix in bananas. Add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Stir until just smooth. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- This recipe is perfect for those overripe bananas that we often don't want to eat.
- Test your baking powder before baking. If baking powder bubbles in warm water it is good to use. If it does not bubble, it should be replaced.
- Add some mixins like mini chocolate chips or even cinnamon chips.