Starbucks Pumpkin Bread is a favorite of so many of us. This bread is well spiced and so moist. Have you ever thought for a minute what a whole loaf of pumpkin bread would cost if you purchased it from Starbucks? I can show you how to make this delicious bread with a few simple ingredients.
Table of Contents
Pumpkin Spice Bread
So often I have pulled into Starbucks drive-thru and ordered myself a coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread and went on my merry way. Starbucks is known for its delicious treats, but sometimes Starbucks isn’t very kind on the wallet. Maybe like you, I don’t always want to spend 10 dollars on breakfast.
Pumpkin bread is actually easy to make. Now if you don’t happen to have all of the spices on hand, you can use pumpkin pie spice which you may already have in your spice cabinet. I just love the flavors of the cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, clove, and allspice.
If you can’t find pumpkin seeds you could use chopped walnuts or pecans. It won’t be quite like Starbucks, but it will still be very good. My local store happens to sell these in their bulk section so they are relatively inexpensive.
Here’s what you need:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground clove
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- Roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
This recipe is a quick bread, so this means that we mix our wet and dry ingredients first separately, and then we mix them together.
I find if the dry ingredients are sifted it makes for better bread. The bread will be airier and have a uniform texture.
You don’t want to over-mix a quick bread, you want to mix it just long enough to get the lumps out.
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, salt, and spices. Sift the dry ingredients together.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dry ingredients. Stir until the lumps are out. Do not over-stir the mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the bread batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Cool for approximately 5 minutes in the pan, and then turn the pumpkin bread onto a cooling rack.
The bread cuts best when allowed to cool completely.
Do you love Starbucks? Check out these great copycat Starbucks recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- How to Make a Cafe Mocha
- Flat White Latte Starbucks
- Caramel Macchiato
- Starbucks Butterscotch Drink
- Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Starbucks Protein Box
- How to Cook Sous Vide Eggs
- Starbucks Egg White Spinach Feta Wrap Recipe
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
Easy Quick Bread Recipes
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- ** if you are going to use pumpkin pie spice, use a scant 2 teaspoons of spice in place of the spices mentioned here
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (do not use olive or peanut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all of the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, salt, and spices. Sift the dry ingredients together. In a smaller bowl mix together the 2 beaten eggs, the oil, pumpkin puree, and the vanilla.
- Once the liquid ingredients are mixed well pour over the dry ingredients. Stir until the lumps are out. Do not over-stir the mixture. Pour into a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the bread. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center of the loaf.
- Cool for approximately 5 minutes in the pan, and then turn the pumpkin bread onto a cooling rack. The bread cuts best when allowed to cool completely.