You might wonder how to make Pumpkin pie spice, as you be reaching for soon. Do you need to go to the store if you are out? Chances are you have everything you need to make pumpkin pie spice in your spice cabinet right now.
Save yourself some money and learn how to make your own pumpkin pie spice mix. Chances are it will taste even better than what you purchase in the store. Pumpkin pie spice is not just for pumpkin pie. You can use this versatile mix in cakes, bread, muffins, pancakes, lattes, and so much more.
Why buy spice blends when you may have everything you need in your kitchen cupboards? Sometimes it pays to check what you have on hand to make your own custom spice blend. You can do so easily.
Best of all, if you like a particular spice a little more you can add a little extra of that particular spice.
This pumpkin pie spice is an old-fashioned blend with mace. If you are not familiar with it, mace is the coating on a nutmeg seed. It has a rich, intense flavor that many describe as a combination of cinnamon and pepper.
Mace gives this spice mix extra depth of flavor. People always want to know the secret to why my pumpkin pie tastes so good. It’s this special mix with the not so commonly used mace spice.
- Allspice (ground cloves or cardamom can be used as an allspice substitute)
Simply place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. DIY pumpkin pie spice is so easy!
Store in a sealed container.
Use homemade pumpkin pie spice in these recipes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping
- Pumpkin Muffin Dunkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 2 Layer Pumpkin Pie
- Gingersnap Dip
- Diabetic Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
More Homemade Spice Mix Recipes
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground mace (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice , or cloves, or cardamom
- If you are using whole nutmeg grate nutmeg with a micro plane, or a nutmeg grater. In a small bowl combine all ingredients and mix together well. Store in an airtight container until you are ready to use.