Pumpkin Dump Cake is the perfect combination of pumpkin pie, and a yellow cake mix. This pumpkin dump cake is so easy to make!
Hands down pumpkin dump cake is one of the easiest fall cake recipes you can make! Love pumpkin pie and cake? This pumpkin dump cake is the perfect marriage of these two flavors. This recipe is perfect for your pumpkin spice lovers!
What are dump cakes?
Dump cakes are cakes that are so easy to make, you literally just dump the ingredients into a pan and then you bake the cake. Dump cakes are typically a combination of a couple of cans of fruit and fruit filling, a boxed cake mix, butter, and often nuts. Dump cakes should be refrigerated after you have finished serving them.
More Yummy Dump Cake Recipes
How to make this fall-inspired cake
This recipe requires one additional step over traditional dump cake recipes. Here we need to combine the pureed pumpkin, pumpkin spice, evaporated milk, sugar, and eggs together in a bowl before we add it to the greased baking dish.
After the pumpkin pie filling is added to the baking dish you will sprinkle on the yellow cake mix, and add the butter in small pats over the dry cake mix. The butter will milk, and incorporate the dry cake mix as it bakes.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make this pumpkin dump cake. This recipe always goes over well when I prepare this dessert. It’s a wonderful cake to serve while it is still warm.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 29 ounces pumpkin puree
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 ounces crushed pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla until blended. Pour in 9x13 dish.
- Then sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin. Sprinkle pecans over dry cake mix.
- Place the small pieces of butter over the cake mix, as evenly as possible. As they melt they will spread out. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350* for 50 min and ENJOY!!!!