Pumpkin Dump Cake is the perfect combination of pumpkin pie, and a yellow cake mix. This pumpkin dump cake is so easy to make!
Hands down pumpkin dump cake is one of the easiest pumpkin cakes you can make! Love pumpkin pie and cake? This pumpkin dump cake is the perfect marriage of these two flavors.
What are dump cakes
Dump cakes are cakes that are so easy to make, you literally just dump the ingredients into a pan and then you bake the cake. Dump cakes are typically a combination of a couple of cans of fruit and fruit filling, a boxed cake mix, butter, and often nuts. Dump cakes should be refrigerated after you have finished serving them.
Yummy Dump Cake Recipes
The pumpkin dump cake takes just a little more because we are going to turn the pumpkin layer into a pumpkin pie. So we are going to use pureed pumpkin, pumpkin spice, evaporated milk, sugar, and eggs. Then we are going to layer a box of yellow cake mix, my personal favorite is the Duncan Hines Golden Butter flavor.
I hope you enjoy this easy to make this easy pumpkin dump cake. This recipe always goes over well when I prepare this dessert.
Pumpkin Dump Cake
- 29 ounces pumpkin puree
- 14 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 ounces crushed pecans
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla until blended. Pour in 9x13 dish.
- Then sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin. Sprinkle pecans over dry cake mix.
- Place the small pieces of butter over the cake mix, as evenly as possible. As they melt they will spread out. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the cake.
- Bake at 350* for 50 min and ENJOY!!!!