Ivan’s Ham Swiss and Pickle Egg Rolls is one of my favorite appetizers from where I used to work. You may have seen these ingredients put together before and called “White Trash Sushi.”
Ivan's Ham Swiss and Pickle Egg Rolls
- 24 egg roll wrappers 1 pound
- 24 slices ham slices 1 pound
- 1 pound Swiss cheese slices
- 24 dill pickle spears
- vegetable oil for frying
- Place on egg roll wrapper: ham, cheese, and pickle. Fold egg roll wrapper according to instruction on package. Place in hot oil, and deep fry until the roll is brown to dark brown.
- The amount of ingredients all depends on how many “pickles” you actually want to make. I usually buy the package of egg roll wrappers and than buy enough ingredients to complete the egg roll package. I make these, as I want them. Also, it is easy to make them one or two at a time just for a single person serving.
We make these at work too and serve them with bleu cheese Saracha. I’d prefer what the person said above and use ranch in place of the bleu cheese. Our jalapeño cream cheese wontons are great too. I’m not a fan of hot and spicey but these are perfect
We make these at work too and serve them with bleu cheese Saracha. I’d prefer what the person said above and use ranch in place of the bleu cheese. Our jalapeño cream cheese wontons are great too. I’m not a fan of hot and Spivey but these are perfect.
Yes, I agree with Carol…these are called ‘Frickles’ and I saw the recipe on Pinterest! I made them on New Years Eve! ….they were very good!
there is a very good dip for this all it is is ranch mixed with siracha sauce and instead of swiss i use havarti cheese very tasty!
Samantha I want to try these!
omg !! i love it lol ive never seen this one . sounds so good im going to do this one for sure lol !!! the name white trash sushi got me lol !!
This has been one of my favorite recipes that I have tried that was sent in by a reader.~Stephanie
Around Northern Michigan we call these “Frickles” – they are to die for!! When we eat them we dip them in Hidden Valley Ranch dressing made from the packet – the bottled stuff just doesn’t taste the same!! I just love these and I’m not even a pickle lover!
Whatever you call them, these are some of the best way to make pickles.
These are actually very, very, tasty. I only wished I had tried to make these sooner.