Looking for another way to serve up chicken breasts that is sure to please everyone? One of my favorite menu items at the Outback Steakhouse has always been their Alice Springs Chicken. What makes their chicken so tasty? Grilled chicken breasts, topped with honey mustard, bacon, and cheese. Try our version of this recipe anytime!
What is Alice Springs Chicken?
The Outback Steakhouse is known for a variety of dishes that everyone loves. The Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs chicken is one of their most popular menu items.
A well-seasoned chicken breast is served with crispy bacon, honey mustard sauce, and shredded cheese. Alice Springs chicken is a great way to prepare chicken breasts.
Here is what you need for homemade Alice Springs Chicken:
- McCormick Season All
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Prepared Mustard
- Light Corn Syrup
How to Make Alice Springs Chicken
- Stir together mustard, honey, corn syrup, and mayonnaise until smooth and free from lumps. The corn syrup may be adjusted depending on how sharp the mustard might be, or to your taste.
- Rub chicken breast with Seasonal All and marinate for 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, fry bacon until crisp and drain.
- Sauté chicken on medium heat in a pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook on both sides until slightly golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan.
- Spread chicken breasts with honey mustard, cover with a layer of mushrooms, three slices of bacon, and then sprinkle with shredded Colby/Jack cheese (chicken should be covered with shredded cheese).
- Pop in a heated oven at 350 degrees or in a microwave until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce. Enjoy!
Copycat Outback Steakhouse Side Dish Recipes
These sides go great with Alice Springs Chicken:
Easy Chicken Recipes
Here’s a variety of chicken dishes to make for dinner:
- How to Make Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Hunan Style Chicken
- Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- Crispy Chicken Crispers
- WW White Chicken Chili
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Cream Cheese Enchilada
- Chicken Picatta Light
- Longhorn Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Mole Crockpot
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 portions
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Season All
- 6 pieces bacon fried crisp and cut in half
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (canned or in a jar, drained)
- 3 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
Honey Mustard Sauce
- Blend ingredients for the honey mustard until smooth and free from lumps. The corn syrup may be adjusted depending on how sharp the mustard might be or to your taste.
- Rub chicken breasts with Seasonal All and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, fry the bacon until crisp and drain it.
- Sauté the chicken in a pan over medium heat with just enough oil to prevent sticking.
- Cook the chicken on both sides until slightly golden and cooked in the middle but not dry.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Spread honey mustard on the chicken breasts.
- Top each chicken breast with a layer of mushrooms and three slices of bacon
- Sprinkle enough shredded Colby-Jack cheese on top to completely cover the chicken.
- Pop the chicken in a 350°F heated oven or in a microwave just until the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with honey mustard sauce.