Hot bacon dressing is a real treat. If you have never had Hot bacon dressing you have been missing out on something incredible. You can make this recipe up easily at home, and enjoy this salad anytime. While there may not be many Bennigan’s around anymore, you can have a salad that tastes just like theirs.
Bennigan’s Hot Bacon Dressing
Love hot bacon salad dressing? Try these other hot bacon salad dressing recipes
Bennigan’s Hot Bacon Dressing – goes so well over fresh baby spinach and other greens.
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 1/4 pound finely diced red onion
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- Using the insides of the red onion, finely diced, 1/4 pound., Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until the onions start to blacken. While the onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey, and red wine vinegar. Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well. Add the cornstarch and whisk well. After the onions have caramelized, add the
- Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula. Add the water, vinegar, pepper, honey, and cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix. Continue stirring until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat and store in the refrigerator until needed. Makes 1 quart. Note: To reheat use a double boiler. I put Tabasco on the ingredient list if you like it. In different parts of the country, Bennigan's omits this ingredient.