Homemade Chex Mix is easy to make, so you don’t have to buy prepackaged stuff. In fact, this original Chex Mix recipe for the oven is a favorite in my household. For me, the original Chex Mix recipe is the best Chex mix recipe.
Classic Chex Mix
When I was growing up, my Mom would make this Chex mix recipe in the oven for the holidays. If you have never had Chex Party Mix, I think you have been missing out on one of the best holiday snack mixes around.
Growing up this was one of our Christmas must-have recipes to make. My Mom would make several batches. Some were tucked into boxes of Christmas cookies she would make for everyone, some were left for us t the house.
I hated to eat the nuts. I loved the wheat Chex cereal and the pretzels. When my mother wasn’t looking, I would feed the dog all of the nuts, or I would only pick out everything but the nuts.
I think you can get buy with doubling up on the seasoning mix for this snack mix. I love the bits of cereal with lots of flavors. I know you will enjoy it too.
This will stay fresh as long as you store the party snack mix in an air-tight container. I know if you try this recipe you will love this as much as I do.
Do you love snack mixes? Be sure to check out some of these favorites.
Chex Party Mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups wheat Chex
- 2 cups corn Chex
- 2 cups rice Chex
- 3/4 cup salted nuts
- 3/4 cup pretzels
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl melt butter in the microwave, add to the melted butter the following: Worchestershire sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well.
- Pour the cereal, pretzels, and nuts onto a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle over seasoned butter sauce. Mix well.
- Place the pan into the heated oven, stir every 15 minutes for 45 minutes. Then remove pan.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before storing it in an airtight container.