This is a tasty beef jerky snack. Recipe by Judy Chatham 2000. You can make beef jerky easily anytime with our recipe.
Want to try homemade spicy beef jerky? Try this spicy jerky recipe.
Homemade Beef Jerky
It's easy to make homemade beef jerky.Print Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 pounds Lean Rump Roast (sliced 1/8" thick by 2 - 2 1/2" wide strips)
- Mix soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, smoke, and brown sugar together and pour over beef strips. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight. If you are using a food dehydrator follow manufacturer's directions.
- If you do not have a dehydrator you may use your oven. Turn the oven on low 150 -175. the temperature should not go over 175. The Strips of beef may be placed on a cooling rack that has been set on top of a jelly roll pan. The jelly roll pan will collect the liquid and the cooling rack will let the air circulate for better drying.
- When placing the strips on the cooling rack do not overcrowd the pieces. Turn the strips two or three times during drying. This method will take 6 to 8 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.
Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 0.7mg