Homemade Beef Jerky tastes incredible and is super simple to make. Save money and make your own with a few simple ingredients.
This is a tasty beef jerky snack. Recipe by Judy Chatham 2000. You can make beef jerky easily anytime with our recipe.
Homemade Beef Jerky
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 pounds Lean Rump Roast (sliced 1/8" thick by 2 - 2 1/2" wide strips)
- Mix soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, smoke, and brown sugar together and pour over beef strips. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight. If you are using a food dehydrator follow manufacturer's directions.
- If you do not have a dehydrator you may use your oven. Turn the oven on low 150 -175. the temperature should not go over 175. The Strips of beef may be placed on a cooling rack that has been set on top of a jelly roll pan. The jelly roll pan will collect the liquid and the cooling rack will let the air circulate for better drying.
- When placing the strips on the cooling rack do not overcrowd the pieces. Turn the strips two or three times during drying. This method will take 6 to 8 hours depending on the thickness of the meat.