You can make up your own seasoned crackers with this recipe. Three boxes of the crackers you use and some seasonings make for a tasty snack. These flavorful seasoned crackers can be made in less than 20 minutes!
Are you looking for something different to serve at a party? These seasoned crackers turn ordinary crackers into something much more! I will let you in on a secret, sometimes I will purchase store brand crackers for that are less expensive, and turn them into deliciously seasoned crackers.
This is one of my Grandmother’s famous Road Trip recipes. My Grandmother, and Grandfather McDowell, have always had massive road trips, and they always equip themselves with all sorts of snacks. We didn’t stop unless we needed to get gas, but that never stopped the hunger pains, so this is one of those snacks that my Grandmother would make up, and they tasted great! Source Virginia McDowell. Jefferson City, Mo. 1975.
How to Make Party Cracker Mix
I have to say this recipe is super easy to make. You will need three boxes of crackers, any type you like. You will also need vegetable oil, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and some dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
First, you will make the seasoning mixture, by combining the vegetable oil, garlic salt, seasoned salt in a bowl.
Stir to combine the seasoning mixture.
Pour this seasoning over the crackers quickly. And stir the crackers well to coat them perfectly.
Now comes the hard part, you will need to wait a couple of hours before serving. But, let me tell you, these are so worth the wait. Ordinary crackers are transformed into tasty treats everyone will love. I think these are almost as good as Chex Mix. In no time all, you can have this favorite party cracker mix to serve at your games or even bring on a road trip like my family used to do!
Party Cracker Mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package Ranch House Dressing
Mix well and add
- 12 ounces wheat thin crackers
- 12 ounces cheese crackers
- 12 ounces Ritz crackers
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup vegetable oil, 2 teaspoons garlic salt, 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, and 1 package of dry Ranch salad dressing mix.
- Add 36 ounces of crackers into a large bowl, and stir to combine the crackers.
- Stir the seasoning mix again, and pour slowly over the crackers. Stir the crackers until they are evenly coated. Store crackers in an airtight container.
- Crackers taste best if they are allowed to rest for a couple of hours before serving.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Any types of crackers will do! You just need 36 ounces of crackers.
- You could use pretzels in this mix!
- This cracker mix freezes well