Sometimes a restaurant offers something that is unique and tasty. Luby’s stuffed jalapenos are so good, you won’t be able to stop eating them. Our test kitchen fell in love with these.
Do you love jalapeno peppers filled with cream cheese? These are the perfect addition to a meal, a party, or just as a snack. Maybe you aren’t lucky enough to live near Luby’s.
Luby’s is a cafeteria-style restaurant that makes everything scratch and fresh for you. One of their offerings is these delicious stuffed jalapenos.
Table of Contents
What Makes Luby’s Stuffed Jalapenos Special
You may wonder what makes these stuffed jalapenos so special and delicious. Using pickled jalapenos from a can makes these stuffed jalapenos amazing.
Pickled jalapenos aren’t too hot. Sometimes when you enjoy fresh jalapenos they can be too hot, but the pickling of this pepper seems to help regulate the heat. Cream cheese also helps to cool the heat.
Another reason is how pimento peppers and green onions really bump up the flavor. Plus they add color to make both a feast for the eyes and the tummy.
This is what you need to make stuffed jalapeno peppers:
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Pimento peppers
- Green onions
That’s it! Only 5 simple ingredients.
How to Make Stuffed Jalapenos
Did I mention that these are quick and easy to prepare? You can make these stuffed peppers in no time. Who doesn’t love it when you can put together a delicious bite together in a few minutes?
- Mix together softened cream cheese and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Stir in pimento peppers and green onions.
- Fill jalapenos with cream cheese mixture.
I also love that these can be prepared ahead of time and served later. Just keep refrigerated until serving.
These stuffed jalapenos are vegetarian, low carb, and keto-friendly. A great appetizer or snack to serve at a party or bring to a potluck.
Do you love jalapenos? Try these recipes
- Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Homemade Poppers
- Jalapeno Wontons
- How to Make Candied Jalapenos
- Jalapeno Dipping Sauce
- Jalapeno Grilled Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- Jalapeno Cornbread
More low carb Appetizer Recipes
Luby’s Stuffed Jalapenos
- 26 ounces jalapenos pickled in a can
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon pimiento peppers minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Leave cream cheese out of the refrigerator to soften. Once softened, whip cream cheese and add the following; mayonnaise, chives, pimientos. Stir together until smooth and fluffy. Fill jalapenos with cream cheese mixture and enjoy.
- Cover and store remaining jalapenos in the refrigerator.