Luby’s Jalapeno Cornbread is easy to make and oh so delicious. You can recreate this copycat recipe at home with this easy recipe.
If you have never been to a Luby’s cafeteria you are missing out on a wonderful cafeteria-style dining experience. When you and your family goes to Luby’s everyone can walk away happy because you can choose exactly what you want. Luby’s is known for their from scratch cooking. They make everything fresh at the restaurant every single day. Many people go to Luby’s just to buy their amazing pies. All of their food is quite good though.
Their Jalapeno Cornbread is often served in individual muffins, you can make the same cornbread in an 8×8 baking dish, or even a cast iron skillet. You don’t need to buy boxes of cornbread mix, you can make it easily from scratch. Cornbread is super easy to make. What I love about this cornbread is that is slightly spicy with a few jalapenos thrown in for a bit of heat. This isn’t too spicy, but it’s just perfect.
Make Luby’s Jalapeno Cornbread at home
Love Luby’s? Try these Luby’s Copycat Recipes
Luby’s Jalapeno Cornbread
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white or yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon drained stemmed, and chopped jalapenos
- 1 1/2 tablespoon whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, egg, oil, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add cornmeal and flour; mix well. Blend in red peppers, jalapenos and corn. Place in a greased pan or cast iron skillet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.