Stuffed mushrooms are a real treat, and can be pretty pricey when you get them in a restaurant. These are meatless and perfect for a vegetarian diet.
If you have never made stuffed mushrooms before, you are going to find that they are very easy to make. It’s not difficult at all to make. I love to make these for parties. They are inexpensive to prepare, and this recipe for stuffed mushrooms is meatless so it is perfect for those who can’t eat meat and for those who are vegetarians. So these mushrooms are practically perfect for everyone.
Easy to Find Ingredients
Don’t you hate it when you find what you think is the perfect recipe, and then you find it has all sorts of ingredients that are difficult to find, and that you have to rush out to the store to make? This recipe contains mushrooms, Ritz crackers, onions, Parmesan cheese, butter, and a touch of olive oil. Seriously, these are easy to make.
Perfect for Parties!
These mushrooms are perfect for parties, you can make these a bit ahead of time, and pop these into the oven when you are ready to serve them. Save money by making your own mushroom appetizers for dinner and parties when you make these at home.
Stuffed Mushrooms a la Bill Safer
- 6 ounces Ritz Crackers crushed fine
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese Romano is ok
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth or mushroom brush remove stems and scrape out gills, chop mushroom stems.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushroom stem until soft and tender.
- Remove from heat and add the Ritz crackers, cheese, melted butter and pepper to taste.
- Stir ingredients until they are mixed together; if the mixture is to dry add more olive oil or butter.
- Stuff each mushroom with the stuffing mixture and place on a baking dish in a single layer.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer until golden brown on top! Enjoy!
- Add 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Add a half teaspoon of curry powder to the stuffling.
- Top with a spinkling of Swiss cheese.