Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip is a classic appetizer with an extra kick of heat. It’s perfect for parties, gatherings, and game day.
Photo by Karin Hildebrand Lau from Shutterstock Photography.
Michelle Caponera submitted this recipe. She states that she is frequently requested to make this for every event imaginable.
Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip is excellent with tortilla chips and Fritos. You can also serve it as a cheese sauce over scrambled eggs, burritos, and nachos.
- Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Pickled jalapeno peppers
- Green chiles
- Garlic powder
The recipe is easily made in a saucepan on the stovetop.
Love cheese dip? Be sure to check out these recipes
- Pappasitos Queso
- Monterey’s Tex Mex Queso
- True Mexican Queso
- Best Ever Easy White Queso Recipe
- Applebees Queso
- Chilis Skillet Queso Slow Cooker
Spicy Rotel Cheese Dip
- 2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 2 cans Rotel Tomatoes and Chilies
- 2 4 ounce cans diced green chiles
- 1 can diced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Dice the cheese and place in a large saucepan. Mix in the 2 cans of diced chili's and tomatoes one at a time. Simmer over low-medium heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are mixed in nicely. Stir in the garlic powder. If this seems a bit runny from the juices, you can put in a teaspoon or so of cornstarch to thicken the dip. This gets better each day it is refrigerated.
I second the recommendation on no garlic powder.
I DO NOT recommend putting the garlic powder in. Makes the cheese funky. 🙁
THIS IS THE RECIPE I USE EXCEPT I ADD CHOPPED MUSHROOMS AND 1 LB BROWNED JIMMY DEAN REGULAR SAUSAGE, AND A LARGE CHOPPED SWEET ONION,–SOMETIMES I THROW IN CHOPPED GREEN PEPPER