Everyone enjoys a spicy cheese dip such as Queso. Whenever you go to a Mexican restaurant the temptation is always to order Queso, we will show you how to make this at home with our recipe.
Thanks to tammie58 for sharing her recipe.
True Mexican Queso – make real queso.
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peepper diced
- 1/4 cup white onion finely chopped
- 2 Cans Chopped Green Chilies with juice
- 1 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3 pounds Velveeta Cheese, cubed into 1/2" cubes
- 2 1/2 ccup milk
- Prepare all ingredients for cooking. Do Not Use Water at this time. Keep water on Simmer on an additional burner. On medium heat in a Large saucepan melt 1 stick butter and all ingredients except garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cheese, and milk.
- When all veggies are tender and onions translucent add to the double boiler and then add your cheese. When cheese has melted add the remaining ingredients. Cook over low heat and stir occasionally for 1/2 hour so that all of the flavors blend well.
- This queso can be stored in the fridge for up to 14 days in airtight container. To reheat use a microwave or over a pan of water. Excellent over enchiladas, tortillas just wrapped with butter or over your favorite nachos.