Old Fashioned meatloaf like mom used to make. This even has the sauce on top, it’s just yummy. This recipe features a delicious glaze on top of this meatloaf.
Momma Joe's Meatloaf
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree onion, green bell pepper, and celery. In a bowl whisk together eggs, Heinz 57, Lea & Perrins, thyme, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and pureed vegetables.
- Mix well. Add ground beef and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine. Shape meat into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine glaze by mixing together ketchup and BBQ sauce. Pour glaze over meatloaf and return meatloaf to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Thanks to dallasblue for sharing this recipe.