Momma Joe’s Meatloaf is like mom used to make with Heinz 57 and breadcrumbs. It even has the sauce on top and it’s just yummy.
Meatloaf like mom used to make
Remember that classic meatloaf your mom or grandmother used to make? It was full of flavor with finely chopped vegetables and seasonings.
Momma Joe’s Meatloaf is just like that one you remember. Or, at least, I hope it is just like it.
This recipe features a delicious glaze on top of this meatloaf. It is made with ketchup and barbecue sauce.
Here are some great side dishes to go with meatloaf:
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Outback Steakhouse Steamed Green Beans
- Cooked Carrots
- Buttery Peas and Carrots
Momma Joe's Meatloaf
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Thyme Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree onion, green bell pepper, and celery. In a bowl whisk together eggs, Heinz 57, Lea & Perrins, thyme, salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and pureed vegetables.
- Mix well. Add ground beef and breadcrumbs. Stir to combine. Shape meat into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. Combine glaze by mixing together ketchup and BBQ sauce. Pour glaze over meatloaf and return meatloaf to the oven for an additional 15 minutes. Thanks to dallasblue for sharing this recipe.
Donna Fogarty Porro
Google “Grandma’s Boarding House Meatloaf” best I have ever had!
What do you enjoy in your meatloaf?
Loved the glaze on this meatloaf!