We passed through Bossier City/Shreveport, LA many times and always stopped to eat at Ralph & Kakoo’s. I finally perfected their twice-baked potatoes in my own kitchen. They are a meal on their own!
Ralph and Kakoo’s Twice Baked Potatos
Yield: 4 servings.
Love potatoes? Be sure to try some of these great potato recipes.
Grand Lux Cafe Double Stuffed Potato Spring Rolls
Bennigan’s Potato Wedges
Ralph & Kakoo’s Twice-Baked Potatoes – you can make these ahead of time and serve later.
- 4 - large baking potatoes
- 10.5 ounces Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound hickory smoked bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Daisy Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup fresh finely minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bake potatoes, wrapped in foil until fork tender. Cool at room temperature for an hour or so. Slice potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the insides into a large bowl, leaving at least 1/4 inch of potato in the skins. Place skins on a baking sheet to use later.
- Add sour cream, soup, bacon and more than half of the cheese to potatoes in a bowl. Whip with electric mixer until barely blended. Fold in chives and bacon. Scoop mixture back into the potato shells and top with rest of cheese. Bake in oven at 375 until bubbly and browned.
Best twiced baked potato I ever had. I would love the recipe.
I live near Shreveport, LA now and Ralph and Kacoo’s is my favorite place to go eat! Thanks for this recipe!
I WOULD LOVE TO RECEIVE THIS COOKBOOK—-I LIKE THESE RECIPES