This is a simple to prepare Queso dip, that you are sure to enjoy ! If you can find Land Of Lakes processed American cheese, I think you will find it to be the closest.
- 1 1/2 pounds American cheese
- 4-5 ounces canned Green Chilies with juice
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Diced Onion
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Diced Ripe Tomatoes ( discard seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Melt cheese with milk and stir until blended. Add chilies with liquid, garlic, onion, and stir until onions and transparent. Remove from heat and add tomatoes before serving.