Dole Whip with Rum Float is a creamy and fruity frozen cocktail popular at many Disney parks and restaurants. It’s perfect for summer, parties, and any festive occasion.
This recipe is for the Disney Dole Whip, but the adult version that you can get in Epcot. The Dole Whip Epcot-style comes with a rum float. However, this pineapple whip recipe is suitable for kids if you forgo the rum.
Dole Whip is a famous Disney dessert. It’s creamy, sweet, refreshing, and is put together with real ingredients. Now you can make this frozen pineapple ice cream treat and give yourself and your family some Disneyland magic on any hot summer day. No need to travel to Adventureland if you use this copycat recipe for the iconic Disney Dole Whip!
This is an easy and simple Dole Whip recipe that only requires four ingredients: vanilla ice cream, frozen pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, and rum. You simply mix everything together (minus the rum) in a blender, then use a piping bag with a star tip to make that iconic Dole Whip Disney swirl. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can just scoop the whip into bowls. The final touch is the spiced rum float.
- Spiced Rum – People in the Caribbean have been adding spices to their rums since forever. However, spiced rum only made serious inroads into our local liquor stores and bars beginning in the 1980s. The best quality spiced rums use real spices to add flavor.
Dole pineapple juice has been a staple at Disneyland since 1975. However, the Dole Whip didn’t make its debut until 1986. This simple ice cream treat has since garnered something of a cult-like following. Do an etsy search, and you’ll find pages of Dole Whip-inspired scented candles, bubble bath, headbands, T-shirts with slogans like Whip It! Whip It Good!, and much more.
Table of Contents
What If I Don’t Eat Dairy?
No problem, you can still enjoy Dole Whip. Basically, you substitute a frozen banana and coconut milk for the ice cream. Here’s a link to the non-dairy and vegan recipe directly from Dole. This recipe sounds so delicious that you may want to try it even if you do eat dairy!
Homemade Dole Whip
Bring Disney into your kitchen with this copycat Dole Whip recipe. Make your own creamy frozen pineapple whip dessert, and you’ll get a taste of Disney without ever leaving home!
Ingredients for the Disney Dole Whip with Rum Float
You only need four simple ingredients to make this tasty frozen cocktail:
- Frozen pineapple
- Pineapple juice
- Ice Cream
- Spiced Rum
How to Make a Dole Whip with Rum Float
- Add pineapple, juice, and ice cream, to a blender.
- Start blending at low speed and increase to high speed. Blend until smooth. Make sure that lid is on tight!
- Use a piping bag with a star tip to create a classic swirl, or just scoop right into glasses.
- Pour rum on top.
Love frozen drinks and cocktails? Try these recipes
- Brandy Ice Cocktail
- How to Make a Caramel Frappuccino
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with Caramel
- Pina Colada Yogurt Smoothie
- Chick Fil A Frappuccino
- Wendy Frosty Recipe
- Starbucks Horchata
- Frappuccino Strawberries & Cream
- DIY Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino
- Recipe for Orange Julius
More Pineapple Dessert Recipes
Disney Dole Whip with Rum Float
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces spiced rum
- Add the ice cream, pineapple, and juice to a blender.
- Begin blending at low speed and then increase to high speed until the mixture is smooth. Make certain the lid is on tight!
- Use a star-tipped piping bag to create a classic swirl, or just scoop the whip into bowls.
- Add a 1-ounce rum float to each serving.