Luby’s Hawaiian pie is one of my favorite recipes from Luby’s Cafeteria. One of the best parts about going to the cafeteria is the wonderful dessert choices that you have. You can make a Luby’s Hawaiian Pie, just like they do. This tropically inspired pie has pineapple, coconut and more inside. You can make this Luby’s Hawaiian Pie at home.
Luby’s Hawaiian Pie
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cups crushed pineapple drained
- 1 1/4 cups coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, flour, and cornmeal until well blended.
- Add pineapple, coconut, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.