Add a twist to your favorite yellow cake by creating this Chocolate Pistachio bundt cake for a party or get-together. So what’s in a pistachio chocolate cake? You guessed it, pistachio pudding mix and it’s out of this world!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Pistachio Chocolate Bundt Cake
Are you tired of bringing the same boring desserts to parties? Do you want to impress your loved ones with something truly unique and mouthwatering? Look no further than this Chocolate Pistachio Bundt cake!
When I was tasked with a chocolate-inspired dessert for a gathering, I chose to bake this recipe my friend told me about. This Pistachio Bundt Cake disappeared within minutes! Trust me, this cake is a showstopper. The rich chocolate flavor and stunning bundt shape make this cake the centerpiece of any party.
Furthermore, it truly can’t get any easier since you can make the pistachio bundt cake with cake mix, boxed pudding, and pre-made chocolate syrup. You’ll have this dessert in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
What Makes Pistachio Chocolate Bundt Cake So Good
Since this cake has distinct layers of chocolate and pistachio, the pistachio flavor doesn’t get masked by the chocolate! Instead, you can savor both the nutty and chocolate flavors in each bite.
Additionally, since this recipe has a pudding mix, it makes the cake incredibly moist and fluffy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When you are short on time, this Pistachio Bundt Cake recipe swoops in to help you create an elegant-looking and heavenly-tasting dessert for you to indulge in. Skip the stress when you host a party and make this quick recipe instead!
Despite it having few ingredients, it is so decadent that it is hard to eat just one slice! Also, the swirled chocolate display makes it appear as if you spent tons of time on it.
There are some unique ingredients to this recipe. This is definitely a homemade creation. Here’s what you need:
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Syrup
How to Make Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake
This unique recipe is also uniquely made.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, and vegetable oil using an electric mixer at medium speed.
- Remove 1 cup of the cake batter and place it in a small bowl. Combine with ½ cup of the chocolate syrup.
- Pour the remaining cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Pour the chocolate syrup mix and gently spread it around the cake.
- Bake at 350°F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes then invert it onto a wire rack and cool it to room temperature.
What To Serve With Pistachio Pudding Bundt Cake
If you want to dress it up, you can serve this delightful cake with fluffy whipped cream, fresh berries, or some chocolate mousse. This cake also tastes perfect alongside a cup of hot coffee.
No icing is needed for this cake. It’s perfect the way it is. However, if you use icing, glaze, or chocolate ganache, add some chopped pistachios to it for a little crunch! You can also sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
How To Store Pistachio Bundt Cake
If you have leftover cake, you can transfer it to an airtight container. It does not need to be refrigerated unless you want to keep it cold.
How Long Does This Cake Last?
As long as it is in an enclosed container and not left out to get stale, this tasty dessert stays fresh for up to one week.
Bundt Cake vs. Pound Cake
So what is the difference between a bundt cake and a pound cake? These recipes can sometimes get mixed together.
There is a difference — it’s actually the pan size.
- Pound cake recipes call for using a tube pan that is straight with high sides.
- Bundt cake recipes call for using a bundt pan that is more shallow and fluted.
Each recipe calls for a different amount of batter so it’s best not to make a pound cake in a bundt pan and vice versa.
Love cake and want more recipes? Look at these!
- Peach Pie Filling Dump Cake
- Norwegian Almond Cake
- Lemon Creme Cake
- Pineapple and Angel Food Cake
- Pound Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Old Fashioned Carrot Cake Recipe with Pineapple
- Ambrosia Fruit Cake
- Mountain Dew Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Coca Cola Fudge Cake
- Banana Split Cake
Love nutty desserts? Try these recipes
Looking for a dessert to impress? Give this very easy to put together Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake. Let us know what you think in the comments below. And share your creations by tagging us on Instagram!
Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix I prefer Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 ounces pistachio instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan liberally with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl combine cake mix, pistachio instant pudding mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil.
- Mix with a hand mixer for approximately 2 minutes, blend until smooth, scrape the bowl down occasionally while mixing the cake. Remove 1 cup of cake batter and place in a small bowl, add 1/2 cup chocolate syrup to the 1 cup of cake mix.
- Stir the chocolate syrup mixture until the color is uniform. Place yellow cake mix batter into a bundt cake pan, and then pour the chocolate syrup mixture on top of the yellow cake mix in the bundt cake pan.
- Using a knife, gently swirl the chocolate and yellow cake mix batters together, do not over stir, you want to have definite marbling. Bake cake in the oven for approximately 55 minutes, you will know the cake is done when a toothpick is inserted it will come out clean.
- No icing is needed for this cake. It’s perfect the way it is. If you do use an icing or glaze, cut up some fresh pistachios for a little crunch.
- Use regular chocolate syrup or change the flavor a bit by using dark chocolate syrup.
- If you have any cake leftover, keep in an air-tight container for up to a week.