Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks drink is delicious and soul-warming. Hot apple juice is flavored with cinnamon syrup, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with caramel sauce.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Nod to Mulled Apple Cider
Mulled apple cider is one of the most traditional cold-weather drinks. Sure, it tastes good, but at times it can seem a bit too old-fashioned.
The Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks gives a nod to the nostalgic fall flavors of mulled apple cider but adds enough modern touches to create a drink that is impressively sophisticated and delicious.
Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice is pretty new to the menu, so if you haven’t had the chance to try it yet, you don’t know what you are missing.
The best part is that there’s no need to run your local Starbucks when it is so easy to make at home with this Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice recipe.
What Makes this Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice Recipe so Good
This super simple Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks specialty drink is perfect for sipping during the crisp autumn evenings.
With zero caffeine and no espresso machine required, you can enjoy a Caramel Apple Spice at any time of day without worrying about being up all night.
Here is what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Apple juice – Use a brand that is 100 percent unsweetened apple juice. For a more robust fruit flavor, you can replace the apple juice with apple cider.
- Cinnamon syrup – Monin, Amoretti, and Torani are good brands that are worth trying.
- Whipped cream – Make your own or use your favorite premade brand.
- Caramel sauce – Be sure to use a caramel sauce, not a syrup or a coating. Ghirardelli and Hollander make caramel sauces that are specific for coffee drinks.
How to Make Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice
This recipe is ridiculously easy to make:
- Heat the apple juice in a small saucepan over medium heat until it starts to simmer. You can heat the apple juice in the microwave for 70 seconds on high if you prefer. Cover with a paper towel to prevent any splatter.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cinnamon syrup.
- Pour the hot apple juice into a large mug.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the whipped cream.
If you want to be a bit fancy, go ahead and sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on top of the whipped cream and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Want to cool down? Try an Iced Caramel Apple Spice.
Mix cold apple juice and the cinnamon syrup, add ice, top with a dollop of whipped cream, and a drizzle of caramel sauce. Serve with a straw.
It is easy to turn this recipe into an Apple Pie Milkshake:
- Pour a cup of apple juice or cider and a tablespoon of cinnamon syrup into a blender.
- Add three scoops of softened vanilla ice cream.
- Cover and blend on the milkshake or smoothie setting until smooth.
- Drizzle caramel syrup down the inside of a large serving glass.
- Pour in the Apple Pie Milkshake.
- Top with whipped cream and crumbled butter cookies or graham crackers.
For adults looking for a little more kick, spike the drink with an ounce of brandy or rum is a good start. Try this version as an after-dinner drink at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner!
How Can I Store a Caramel Apple Spice Drink?
If you plan to serve this drink during a party, it is much easier to heat multiple servings of the apple juice and cinnamon syrup in advance and store it in an air pot.
Place the whipped cream and caramel sauce on the side, and your guest can serve themselves.
Remember to throw out any remaining hot apple juice and whipped cream at the end of the party.
What Goes Well with Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice?
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- London Fog Latte
- Starbucks Banana Bread
- Starbucks Brown Sugar Oatmilk
- Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- Starbucks Egg White Bites
- Starbucks Flat White
- Starbucks Peppermint Mocha
- Starbucks Pink Drink
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
Favorite Apple Recipes
Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice
- 12 ounces apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon coffee syrup like Torani
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- Heat the apple juice until warm.
- Place the cinnamon coffee syrup in a cup.
- Add the warm apple juice.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the whipped cream.