Love the Starbucks White chocolate Mocha? Perhaps you love to go into your local Starbucks and order a coffee from your favorite barista, sip your coffee and read the paper, and taste a few minutes of paradise.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
White Chocolate Coffee
Fancy coffee drinks are an everyday indulgent luxury. It’s perfect for white chocolate fans! The Starbucks copycat White Chocolate Mocha is a drink that is for you!
There are so many different varieties of chocolate available these days. You can buy milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, extra dark chocolate, and even white chocolate. The fun thing is that each new chocolate brings a new flavor.
White chocolate is made up of butter, sugar, and milk solids and has a velvety smooth consistency. It’s no wonder it’s such a popular syrup to add to coffee!
The white chocolate mocha is one of the original Starbucks espresso beverages. It has stood the test of time and customers come back for it again and again!
One of the best things about this delicious coffee drink is that it is so simple to make at home. It consists of only 4 ingredients and once you have those on hand it’s easy to whip up.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- White chocolate chips or white chocolate mocha sauce
- Espresso or instant espresso and hot water
- Whole milk, half and half, or skim milk
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
There are two ways to create this drink.
The easiest way is to purchase the white chocolate mocha sauce. It can be found at Starbucks, World Market, or have it shipped to your door from Amazon (Fontana White Chocolate Mocha Sauce).
The second method is to use white chocolate, either bars or chips. You can find both at your local grocery store. Grab some espresso (either instant or regular), milk, and some whipped cream and you are on your way to the perfect white mocha!
If you are using white chocolate bars or chips:
In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate with the milk. Pour the milk mixture over the espresso and top with whipped cream.
If you are using white chocolate sauce:
- Add the white chocolate sauce to a coffee mug.
- Heat the milk to about 150 degrees (between 140 and 160 degrees). Froth the milk with a frother if you want the milk frothy and creamy.
- Pour the shots of espresso (or the strong coffee) and milk into the coffee mug. If you have frothed milk foam, you can put it on top.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Top with whipped cream.
How to Make Espresso Without an Espresso Machine
If you don’t have an espresso machine you have options:
- You can use Instant Espresso and it works well.
- You can make extra strong coffee.
- You may want to invest in an inexpensive Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker. The Bialetti Moka pot can help you make espresso coffee on the stovetop without an expensive coffee maker. Italians have been making their espresso this way for almost 100 years.
A White Chocolate Mocha Recipe to Enjoy!
I know you are going to enjoy the creaminess of this drink. You know now the secret to making a delicious white chocolate mocha. If you like you can swap the milk for a non-diary milk like almond milk, cashew milk or even oat milk.
Love Starbucks drinks? Try these copycat recipes!
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Caramel Macchiato
- Flat White
- Green Tea Frappuccino
- Iced White Mocha
- Pink Drink
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher
- Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Popular Copycat Coffee Recipes
Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips or white chocolate sauce
- 1.5 ounces espresso or 1 tablespoon instant espresso plus 3 tablespoons of hot water to dissolve
- 1 cup milk whole, skim, or half and half
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- If you are using white chocolate chips: In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate chips with the milk to about 150 degrees (between 140 and 160 degrees). Pour the milk mixture over the espresso and top with whipped cream.
- If you are using white chocolate sauce: Add the sauce to a coffee mug.
- Heat the milk to about 150 degrees (between 140 and 160 degrees). Froth the milk with a frother if you want the milk frothy.
- Pour the espresso and milk into the coffee mug and stir.
- Top with whipped cream.