Enjoy the classic Dear Abby Pecan Pie, any time of year. Ann Lander’s recipe for pecan was always a favorite among her readers. Enjoy this classic southern pecan pie whenever you like.
The Dear Abby Pecan Pie became popular over the years. Dear Abby recipes were so popular there was a collection of Dear Abby Recipes Booklet that used to be in print, but you can make her pie recipe.
Pecan pie is easy to make
If you have never made a homemade pie before, a homemade pecan pie is one of the easiest pies you can make. If you can measure, and turn on an oven you can make this pie.
Souther pecan pie ingredients
No fancy ingredients needed, all of these ingredients are easy to find! You will need:
- a single pie shell
- light corn syrup
- brown sugar
How to make pecan pie
It’s very easy to make a pecan pie, you will need to:
- Preheat the oven
- Melt the butter
- Mix together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla
- Pour pie mixture into an unbaked pie shell
- Sprinkle the pecans on top of the filling
- Bake the pie!
You don’t have to wait for the holidays to make a delicious pecan pie, you can make it any time of year. Dear Abby was known for delicious Southern pecan pie, and you can make one just like she did!
Most Popular Dessert Recipes
- Hershey’s Cocoa Brownies
- Sock It To Me Cake Duncan Hines
- Holiday Poke Cake
- Sara Lee Cake
- Mountain Dew Cake
- Angel Food Cake Pineapple
- Pistachio Dream Cake
- Pig Eating Cake
More Easy Pie Recipes
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Pie
- Hawaiian Pie – Luby’s Pies
- Restaurant Apple Pie
Be sure to check out more of my easy copycat pies and American recipes.
Dear Abby Pecan Pie
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first six ingredients together, pour into pie crust, and top with pecans. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean.
have been making this for over 40 years, sometimes add choc. chips. the best ever!
In Abby’s recipe. .you can use walnuts instead of pecans!!
This looks good! I will be trying this soon!