Olive Garden Sangria goes well with a hot summer day and almost anything that you want to eat. Best of all, this is easy to make, and you can use whatever fruit that you have on hand.
Recreate Olive Garden Sangria at Home
Everyone knows and loves the Olive Garden, and many people dine there regularly to enjoy its home-style Italian cuisine with its freshly made sauces and breadsticks.
Instead of ordering a bottle of wine with your meal, you might want to drink something that is lighter but still has a bit of alcoholic zing, such as sangria. Sangria is a light, refreshing beverage especially perfect for lunch, and it is hard to resist the Olive Garden Sangria.
Many sangrias are flavored with several types of alcohol, but the Olive Garden Sangria is delightfully simple – just wine, fruit juices, and fresh fruit. This sangria goes down more smoothly and easily than a much stiffer drink.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Red table wine
- Cranberry juice cocktail
- Sweet vermouth
- Simple syrup
- Fresh fruit
When making this Sangria, you can take advantage of whichever fruit is in season and entices you with its beauty and freshness at your local market – blueberries, blackberries, strawberries are all good to use.
This recipe is for their original Sangria before the restaurant started to use the mix they currently use.
How to Make Olive Garden Sangria
- Mix all ingredients together except ice.
- Pour sangria into a glass and then add ice. Make sure there is fruit in every glass.
What wine to use for making sangria?
When making sangria, you can use almost any type of wine that you enjoy. I personally prefer a wine that isn’t too sweet but has a nice fruity character to it such as Merlot, Shiraz, and rosé. And, if you are on a wine budget, making Sangria is a great way to stretch a bottle of wine.
It is so easy to make sangria at home. Best of all you can put in your favorite fruits.
This sangria can be made ahead of time, so you will have it ready for when you are ready to serve. Simply do not add the ice if you are going to mix this up and have it ready in the refrigerator.
Love Sangria? Check out these recipes!
Fruity Cocktail Recipes
Best Olive Garden Recipes
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Olive Garden Toscana Soup Recipe
- Olive Garden Chicken Parmesan
- Olive Garden Lasagna Recipe
Olive Garden Sangria
- 1.5 Liters red table wine
- 10 ounces grenadine
- 16 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 12 ounces sweet vermouth
- 10 ounces simple syrup (5 ounces sugar diluted in 5 ounces water)
- 10 -12 strawberries cut into small pieces
- 1 orange sliced
- Mix all ingredients except for ice. Pour sangria into a glass and then add ice. Make sure there is fruit in every glass.