I personally love Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. This sausage and potato soup is one that I crave often. Many of you have wanted the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Crock Pot version. I want to make sure you have the recipe you asked for. So here we go.
Table of Contents
Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana
Sometimes we all want a recipe we can quickly toss in our slow cooker and get about our business. This version of my Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is easy to put together so you don’t have to stand at the stove.
Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Italian Sausage
- Russet potatoes
- Chicken stock
- Kale or Swiss chard
- Heavy cream or half and half
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Zuppa Toscana in a Crock Pot
- Brown the sausage and bacon in a large skillet.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked sausage and bacon to a Crock Pot or slow cooker.
- Add sliced potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- About a half-hour or so before serving, add chopped kale and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
Recipe Notes and Tips
We are going to brown the sausage in this soup before we put it in the slow cooker. I think this helps to eliminate the excess fat from the sausage and you will get a better flavor by browning these ingredients ahead of time.
Now I have to say that the Olive Garden has changed their recipe from when I originally did a copycat one almost 20 years ago.
Olive Garden removed the bacon from the ingredients. I haven’t found a bit of bacon in there in a while. I do go back and recheck recipes from time to time to make sure they haven’t changed.
I personally like the bacon in there, the smokiness of the bacon adds a very nice touch. So if you want to make it super authentic leave it out.
They also used to use sausage links but they now use ground sausage that is not in links. I even have a recipe you might want to try. Find out how to make homemade Italian sausage if you like.
We are going to add in the cream and kale about 30 minutes to an hour before serving. You don’t want to overcook the kale. And the dairy, in my opinion, tastes best when added later in the process.
You can serve this delicious slow cooker Tuscan soup with your favorite salad and breadsticks and have an enjoyable dinner for all.
Love Olive Garden? Try these copycat recipes!
- Olive Garden Bolognese
- Olive Garden Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Olive Garden Lemon Cake
- Olive Garden Oven Baked Pasta
- Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
Popular Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Crock Pot Carne Guisada
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes
- Crock Pot Queso
- Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
Drop me a comment down below and let me know a copycat recipe you would like to see made in a Crock-Pot or slow cooker. I’d love to hear what you want.
Crock Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- 1 pound Italian sausage sweet or ho
- 1/4 pound bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes peeled, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage and bacon.
- Drain off excess fat and place the cooked sausage and bacon in a slow cooker.
- Add sliced potatoes, onions, and chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for approximately 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- About 30 to 60 minutes before serving, add chopped kale and heavy cream.