Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate is easy to recreate in the comfort of your home.
When it’s too cold to go outside and you are in the mood for a sweet treat, hot chocolate is always the answer. It’s warm and cozy and perfect for sipping while you watch a movie or the fire.
You can take a basic hot chocolate and add syrups to make it extra special. That’s the case for the snickerdoodle hot chocolate. It’s a classic hot chocolate made even better with syrup.
Starbucks has been on a roll introducing new drinks to its menu. Their seasonal menu has exploded with over 20 new beverages in the past few years. The snickerdoodle hot chocolate is a recent addition to their winter menu.
Upon seeing the flyer for the new drink I asked the barista what she thought of the new drink. She replied “It’s good! It’s our classic hot chocolate with a shot of cinnamon dolce and white chocolate syrups.”
I walked out of the coffee shop armed with an unofficial recipe on how to make the snickerdoodle hot chocolate at home. And the next cold day that hit, I did just that. It was easy to make and oh so tasty! It warmed me right up. The best part was that it was super easy to make. I made hot chocolate from scratch but to make it even easier and save a little time I could have used instant.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is what’s in a snickerdoodle hot chocolate:
- Cocoa powder
- White chocolate syrup
- Cinnamon dolce syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Snickerdoodle cookie
You may need a couple of commercial syrups to make this recipe.
How to Make Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- Heat cocoa, sugar, and water in a saucepan until smooth.
- Add milk and heat through.
- Place syrups in a mug. Pour in hot chocolate.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed snickerdoodle cookie.
Love hot chocolate? Be sure to try these recipes
- How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate with Swiss Miss
- How to make Hot Chocolate From Scratch
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Favorite Chocolate Recipes
- Wendy’s Chocolate Frosty Recipe
- Milk Chocolate Fondue
- Hershey Sauce
- Cracker Barrel Chocolate Cake
- Melted Chocolate Cake
- Doubletree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Chipper Cookie
- Toll House Chocolate Pie
- Chocolate Cherry Cobbler
Love Coffee? Join my Coffee List
Starbucks Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1 snickerdoodle cookie crushed into crumbs
- In a small saucepan combine the cocoa powder, sugar, and water together. Bring to a boil and make sure to press out any lumps. Allow to simmer for a minute or two, or until the mixture is smooth and warm. Add in the milk to the mixture and heat through. Add the white chocolate syrup and cinnamon dolce syrup to a glass, pour in the hot chocolate and top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and salt. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy! If you want to make it in the microwave you: Mix together the cocoa powder and sugar in a glass. Warm the milk and water in the microwave for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes. Pour the milk mixture over the cocoa powder. Add the white chocolate syrup and cinnamon dolce to the glass top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and salt.