Chocolate chippers are soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chips. These old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A fellow viewer graciously sent in this recipe. This recipe came from the Joy of Cooking Cookbook. I really love these chocolate chunk cookies.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Here is what you need to make the cookies:
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Chunks
How to Make Chocolate Chippers
- Cream together shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Love cookies? Try these recipes
- Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Delightful Sugar Cookies
- Yummy Oatmeal Cookies
- Ginger Snaps Cookies
- Gluten Free Monster Cookies
- Almond Chinese Cookies
- Pineapple Cookies with Icing
Best Brownie Recipes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Cream shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Sift together dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture; blend well.
- Add chocolate chips and stir them into the dough.
- Drop from teaspoon 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) for 10 to 12 minutes.