Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Latte is a creamy coffee drink with the delightful flavor of sugar cookies. Save money and make a delicious homemade espresso drink at home with simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes the Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte So Good?
The holiday season and the smell of baking cookies go hand-in-hand. Starbucks embraces this long-standing cookie tradition with its limited-time Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte that pays homage to spritz cookies.
These much beloved German almond-flavored sugar cookies are popular offerings at festive parties and cookie exchanges worldwide, and they make a wonderful coffee drink flavor as well.
The next time you are in the holiday mood, try this Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte recipe that will bring you a bit of Christmas cheer with every sip.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
This recipe opts for cow’s milk, unlike the original Starbucks coffee drink that uses almond milk. But don’t worry. This version has plenty of almond flavor thanks to the almond extract in the Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup.
If you are someone who loves the taste of almond sugar cookies, you are going to want to try this iced latte!
Ingredients For This Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe
For the Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup, you’ll need:
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Butter flavoring (optional)
Although the butter extract is optional, it adds a lot to this syrup and is worth using.
Note: The Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup recipe makes multiple servings. You will only use a tablespoon per drink. Store the extra syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
For the rest of the drink, you’ll need:
- Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup
- Cold espresso
- Ice cubes
- Almond milk
- Green and red sprinkles
- Whipped cream (optional)
You can use extra strong brewed coffee, Moka, or instant espresso powder if you don’t have an espresso machine.
Any color sprinkles will work if you don’t want to make the drink too Christmas-y.
How To Prepare This Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe
To make the Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup:
- Add the water and the light brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer the water while stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Let the simple syrup cool to just above room temperature.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, the almond extract, and the optional butter extract.
- Transfer the Iced Sugar Cookie Syrup to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
To finish making a Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte:
- Pour a tablespoon of the Iced Sugar Cookie-flavored Syrup into the serving glass.
- Add the cold espresso and ice. Stir well.
- Pour the almond milk over the back of a spoon into the glass to form two distinct layers.
- Garnish with green and red sprinkles. If you want, you can plop a dollop of whipped cream on top of the drink before adding the sprinkles for a more festive background.
Get creative with this recipe. Here are a few suggestions:
- Make a Hot Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte using hot espresso and steamed or heated milk.
- Use almond milk, oat milk, or another dairy milk alternative.
- Sprinkle crumbled Spritz cookies on top of the whipped cream instead of, or in addition to, the sprinkles.
What To Serve With It
You can drink this iced latte on its own, but why not add a plate of sugar cookies or Spritz cookies as a snack?
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Despite the name, this recipe doesn’t use almond milk but dairy milk. It also contains other dairy products, including whipped cream and butter flavoring. However, you can make a vegan version of this recipe using almond milk, vegan-friendly butter flavoring, and a non-dairy whipped topping.
This drink is a limited-time holiday menu item at Starbucks, but you can enjoy it any time you want when you make it at home with this recipe!
Favorite Starbucks Iced Drinks
- Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
- Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Iced Toasted White Chocolate Mocha
- Iced Vanilla Latte
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Violet Drink
Popular Fast Food Drinks
Check out more of my easy drink recipes and the best copycat Starbucks drink recipes on CopyKat!
Starbucks Iced Sugar Cookie Latte
Sugar Cookie Syrup
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon butter extract optional
- 1 tablespoon iced sugar cookie syrup
- 1½ ounces espresso
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- ½ teaspoon green and red sprinkles
To Make the Syrup
- Combine brown sugar and water in a small pan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from the stovetop.
- When the mixture has cooled close to room temperature, add vanilla, almond extract, and butter extract. Stir to combine.
- Store syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To Make the Drink
- Pour iced sugar cookie syrup into a glass.
- Add espresso and stir to combine.
- Add ice.
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Top with green and red sprinkles.
Leave a Reply