Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato is a delicious and creamy drink with wonderful fall flavors. You’ll love the combination of coffee, milk, brown sugar syrup, and apple cinnamon syrup.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Delicious and Refreshing Iced Apple Macchiato
Is your daily iced latte habit in a rut? Switch things up with a Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato. Yes, this coffee-based drink recipe calls for adding apple juice, but don’t judge too quickly.
Although the thought of combining rich espresso, sweet apple juice, and creamy milk may seem a bit unusual at first, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at just how amazing it tastes! So, go ahead and make one at home; no espresso machine is necessary!
What Makes this Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato Starbucks Recipe so Good
What really stands out in this fruity latte is just how well the flavors balance each other out. The natural sweetness of the apple juice blunts the bitterness of the espresso, while the creamy milk keeps the drink from getting overly tart.
Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato Ingredients
For the Apple Brown Sugar Syrup, you will need:
- Apple juice
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Chopped apple
- Lemon juice
The apple flavor of the Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato that Starbucks serves is on the mild side, and you can punch it up by using apple cider instead.
Use fresh apples that are not too tart but still have a good flavor. Honeycrisps are ideal, but they are a bit pricey, so you may want to try using Macoun or Cortland instead.
Don’t forget the salt. It helps to bring out the sweetness in this syrup.
For the Brown Sugar Simple Syrup, you will need:
- Brown sugar
For the Machiatto, you will need:
If you don’t have an espresso machine or prefer not to use cow’s milk, check out the substitution section below for ideas on alternatives.
How to Make Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
There are a lot of steps that go into making a Starbucks Apple Macchiato, but they’re easy.
Start by making the Apple Brown Sugar Syrup:
- Chop a small, washed apple into medium dice.
- Pour the apple juice into a small saucepan along with the chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, lemon juice, and salt.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the apple juice to a boil.
- Immediately turn down the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and adjust the heat to keep it from burning.
- Remove from the After 20 minutes, the liquid should have a syrupy consistency. Remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool slightly.
- While still warm, strain the syrup through a fine-mesh into a jar with a lid. Let the syrup cool completely before putting it in the fridge.
Making brown sugar simple syrup is the same as making ordinary simple syrup:
- Put the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and the liquid thickens slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Pour the syrup into a jar and keep it in the fridge.
Assembling the Apple Crisp Macchiato is easy:
- Pour apple crisp syrup into a glass.
- Add brown sugar syrup.
- Add milk.
- Add ice and pour espresso over the milk.
- Give it a good stir and taste it. If the latte is not sweet enough for you, add some brown sugar simple syrup.
- You can garnish with whipped cream and chopped apples for a bit of flair.
Recipe Substitutions and Variations
If you don’t have the time to make your own Apple Crisp Syrup, there is no need to skip this recipe entirely. Go ahead and use a pre-made spiced apple syrup, like Apple Syrup Spice from Liquid Alchemist.
Save even more time by opting for Monin’s Spiced Brown Sugar syrup in place of the homemade brown sugar syrup.
No espresso machine? Don’t worry. You can make a Starbucks Apple Macchiato using instant espresso powder, like Medaglia D Oro, Moka coffee, or even an extra-strong drip.
To make extra-strong coffee in your automatic drip coffee maker, just add an extra scoop of coffee. For an even bolder flavor, choose darker coffee like a French Roast.
Go ahead and use your favorite non-dairy milk in this recipe. Oat milk works remarkably well, but it’s not the only alternative.
What to Eat with an Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
Wondering what food to enjoy along with an iced apple coffee drink? Here are a few suggestions:
How to Store a Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
Feel free to double up when making the syrups and coffee to save time in the future. Keep extra coffee in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week. The leftover syrups will last about three weeks in the fridge.
More Copycat Starbucks Iced and Frozen Drinks
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Iced Shaken Espresso
- Iced White Mocha
- Passion Fruit Lemonade
- Pink Drink
- S’mores Frappuccino
- Strawberry Cream Frappuccino
- Vanilla Cream Cold Brew
- Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher
Favorite Iced Coffee Drinks
Check out more of my easy drink recipes and the best Starbucks recipes here on CopyKat!
Starbucks Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
Apple Crisp Syrup
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup chopped apple
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato
- 1 ounce apple crisp syrup
- 1 ounce brown sugar syrup
- 1 cup 2% milk or other milk of your choice
- 1 cup ice
- 2 ounces espresso (2 shots) or strong brewed coffee
Apple Crisp Syrup
- In a small pot, combine apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, lemon juice, chopped apple, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Strain and pour the syrup into a glass container. Refrigerate. This will make about 8 to 10 servings.
Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
- Heat the water in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and stir.
- Pour the brown sugar syrup into a glass container.
- Store in the refrigerator. This will make about 16 servings.
Iced Apple Crisp Macchiato Assembly
- Pour 1 ounce of apple crisp syrup into a glass.
- Add 1 ounce of brown sugar syrup.
- Add 1 cup of milk.
- Add 1 cup of ice
- Pour the espresso over the milk.
Leave a Reply