Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Flat White is a deliciously smooth coffee drink. Blonde roast espresso gives it a light flavor, the hint of honey adds the perfect amount of sweet richness, and almondmilk makes it creamy and a dairy-free beverage.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Is the Starbucks Almond Milk Honey Flat White?
Are you looking for a dairy-free alternative to your daily flat white that doesn’t have any processed sugar? Then you’ll want to try this version of a flat white from Starbucks that replaces the traditional cow’s milk and sugar with almond milk and honey. The honey really adds a nutty sweetness that has a richer flavor than a flat white sweetened with granulated white sugar.
Why You Should Try This Recipe
This recipe uses almond milk and honey, making it a good choice for those who are lactose intolerant or just want to be a little healthier without giving up their coffee habit.
How Do They Taste?
A honey almond flat white is a little on the sweet side, but it still has enough intense coffee flavor to stop you from thinking you are sipping flavored milk. The thin layer of microfoam on top adds a luscious creaminess to the drink despite being dairy-free.
Almond Milk Honey Flat White Ingredients
To make a honey almond milk flat white:
- Brewed espresso – You can use rich dark coffee
- Almond milk
You can use instant espresso powder for this recipe, but slightly reduce the amount of water you use to make it. Or you can use strongly brewed coffee if you don’t have any espresso on hand.
How to Make Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Flat White
Here are the simple recipe steps you will need to follow to take a few glorious sips of this new non-dairy treat.
- Put a little honey in a coffee cup.
- Pour hot espresso over the honey and stir until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour steamed and lightly frothed almond milk into the cup. Stir to combine.
- Top it with some frothed milk.
How Do You Froth the Milk?
But if you have a home espresso maker, you can make microfoam after a bit of practice using the following technique:
- Clean the steam wand by turning on the steam for a second or two.
- Fill the steaming pitcher to just below the bottom of the spout with almond milk.
- Bring the steaming pitcher up to the steam wand. Make sure the steam wand is at a slight angle and is just below the surface of the almond milk in the center of the pitcher.
- Start the steam, and adjust the depth of the steam wand until you can just hear a soft hissing sound.
- Continue to steam the almond milk until the outside of the pitcher gets almost too hot to touch. It is important to swirl the steaming pitcher continuously to break up any large bubbles.
- Let the foam settle for a minute, and then pour.
How Do You Make the Iced Version?
A flat white is a short drink, and people don’t typically drink it iced, but you can.
To make an iced honey almond flat white, prepare the coffee in advance, and let it cool in the fridge before continuing the recipe. You shouldn’t use ice cubes to bring down the temperature of the espresso because they will dilute the espresso and ruin the flavor.
Stir the chilled espresso, honey, and almond milk together in a chilled glass and serve. If you want, you can add microfoam or whipped cream on top. Soon you will enjoy the nice creaminess of this drink! It really has a nice hint of honey you are going to fall in love with.
What Is a Flat White?
Ask for a flat white at most cafes in the US, and there is a good chance that you’ll get a latte. Most baristas don’t know the difference, but there are a couple of essential distinctions.
One difference is that flat white always uses enough ground coffee for two full espresso shots, but the amount of water is less than usual. Just how much water to use is subjective, but it is somewhere between a regular espresso and a ristretto. Brewing the espresso with less water makes the flat white more intense and not as bitter as a regular latte.
Another way the two drinks differ is their ratios of coffee to steamed milk and foam. A perfect flat white has one part espresso and three parts steamed milk with a very thin layer of microfoam on top. Typical lattes in the US commonly have one-part espresso to five or more parts of steamed milk, depending on the size of the latte. Lattes also have a much thicker layer of foam on top.
Learn how to make a flat white coffee.
Why make Starbucks menu items at home?
You can customize drinks any way you like. If you don’t have almond milk on hand, you could use soy milk, or even oat milk. If you use oat milk you would have an oatmilk honey latte. For a more authentic experience, you should use Starbucks coffee to start. I hope you try this recipe soon! It’s perfect for the big fans of Starbucks.
Popular Starbucks Drink Recipes
- Caramel Frappe
- Caramel Macchiato
- Earl Grey Latte
- Iced White Mocha
- Salted Caramel Latte
- Strawberry Frappuccino
- Vanilla Latte
Best Starbucks Food Recipes
Favorite Fast Food Drinks
Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Flat White
- 4 ounces almond milk
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 2 shots espresso 2 ounces
- Steam almond milk, do not froth it too much.
- Pour honey in a coffee cup.
- Add espresso and stir to dissolve the honey.
- Pour the steamed and lightly frothed almond milk into the cup.
- Spoon some almond milk foam on top if desired.