Earthquake cake is a fun cake that looks like an earthquake, but it combines chocolate cake and a wonderful cream cheese filling.
Who doesn’t love a delicious homemade cake? This Earthquake cake is the perfect combination of a German Chocolate Cake mix and a luscious cream cheese filling. This cake is so delicious you don’t even need a frosting for this cake.
What do I love about this cake? It’s quick and easy to put together, you are going to simply line a 9 x 13-inch pan with pecans and coconut. You are then going to prepare a German Chocolate Cake mix and pour this over the pecans and coconut. You then will make a cream cheese filling that will taste just like cheesecake.
In about 40 minutes you will have an amazing cake. Now, it’s called Earthquake cake because as the cake cools, the top of the cake will start to cave in a bit where the cheesecake filling is, don’t despair, grab a fork and get ready to enjoy.
Love cake? Check out these great cake recipes
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 box German Chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease bottom only of 9x13-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix coconut and pecans and spread in bottom of pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour over coconut-pecan mixture.
- Cream together remaining ingredients and spoon in dollops over cake batter. Bake 45-50 minutes.
- Note: The cake gets its name from its appearance after baking